Angina describes the chest pain that occurs when there is an insufficient supply of oxygen-rich blood flowing to the heart muscle. It usually happens during physical exertion and can be accompanied by shortness of breath.
Table Of Content:
- Angina | Definition of Angina by Merriam-Webster
- ANGINA | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Angina Pectoris | Definition of Angina Pectoris by Merriam-Webster
- Anginas - definition of anginas by The Free Dictionary
- Angina definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Angina - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
- ANGINA | Definition of ANGINA by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com ...
- Angina pectoris Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Vincent's angina definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- angina - Spanish translation – Linguee
1. Angina | Definition of Angina by Merriam-Webster
Angina definition is - a disease marked by spasmodic attacks of intense suffocative pain: such as. How to use angina in a sentence.
2. ANGINA | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Meaning of angina in English ... a condition that causes strong chest pains because blood containing oxygen is prevented from reaching the heart ...
3. Angina Pectoris | Definition of Angina Pectoris by Merriam-Webster
Angina pectoris definition is - a disease marked by brief sudden attacks of chest pain or discomfort ... Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, ...
4. Anginas - definition of anginas by The Free Dictionary
Define anginas. anginas synonyms, anginas pronunciation, anginas translation, English dictionary definition of anginas. n. 1. Angina pectoris. 2. A condition ...
5. Angina definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Angina definition: Angina is severe pain in the chest and left arm , caused by heart disease. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
6. Angina - Symptoms and causes - Mayo Clinic
Jun 12, 2020 ... Angina, also called angina pectoris, is often described as squeezing, pressure, heaviness, tightness or pain in your chest. Some people with ...
7. ANGINA | Definition of ANGINA by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com ...
What is the definition of ANGINA? What is the meaning of ANGINA? ... Meaning of angina in English: ... angina on Thesaurus.com. Translate angina into Spanish ...
8. Angina pectoris Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Angina pectoris definition, a syndrome characterized by paroxysmal, constricting pain below the sternum, most easily precipitated by exertion or excitement and ...
9. Vincent's angina definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Vincent's angina definition: an ulcerative bacterial infection of the mouth, esp involving the throat and tonsils | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
10. angina - Spanish translation – Linguee
▾. Dictionary (English) · angina noun— · angina pectoris n — · unstable angina n — · stable angina n— · chest angina n—.
What are the symptoms of angina?
Common symptoms of angina include chest pain or tightness, shortness of breath, weakness, fatigue and dizziness. These symptoms may vary depending on the individual.
What causes angina?
Angina is usually caused by a narrowed coronary artery due to the build-up of fatty deposits in the artery walls (atherosclerosis). Other potential causes include decreased blood flow due to cardiac conditions such as heart attack or aortic valve disease.
How is angina treated?
Treatment for angina typically involves lifestyle changes (such as quitting smoking) and medications (such as nitrates and ACE inhibitors). In more severe cases, surgery may also be recommended to restore adequate blood flow to the heart muscle.
Angina is a type of chest pain caused by an insufficient supply of oxygen-rich blood flowing to the heart muscle during physical exertion. The condition can be managed through lifestyle changes and medications, however surgical treatment may be needed in more severe cases.