A background check is a process designed to help organizations and employers verify the accuracy of information found on resumes and job applications. It helps give employers an idea of who they are hiring, as well as the candidate’s level of trustworthiness, integrity, and responsibility.
Table Of Content:
- Background | Definition of Background by Merriam-Webster
- Definition and synonyms of background check in the English dictionary
- What is another word for "background check"?
- Background Synonyms, Background Antonyms | Merriam-Webster ...
- Vetting - Wikipedia
- 28 Synonyms & Antonyms for BACKGROUND | Thesaurus.com
- Background definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- BACKGROUND CHECK | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
- Spanish Translation of “background check” - Collins Dictionary
- 31 Synonyms & Antonyms for INVESTIGATION | Thesaurus.com
1. Background | Definition of Background by Merriam-Webster
Background definition is - the scenery or ground behind something. ... and education comparing the candidates' backgrounds ran a background check to ... Synonyms Choose the Right Synonym More Example Sentences Learn More ... See the full definition for background in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. Definition and synonyms of background check in the English dictionary
«Background check» A background check or background investigation is the process of looking up and compiling criminal records, commercial records and ...
3. What is another word for "background check"?
Find more words! Another word for, Opposite of, Meaning of, Rhymes with, Sentences with, Find word forms, Pronounce, Translate from English, Translate to ...
4. Background Synonyms, Background Antonyms | Merriam-Webster ...
5 synonyms of background from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 15 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for background.
5. Vetting - Wikipedia
Vetting is the process of performing a background check on someone before offering them ... Thus, it has taken the general meaning "to check". ... a few decades later—according to the Oxford English Dictionary, the earliest known usage is ... Due diligence – Standard of care before entering into a contract with another party ...
6. 28 Synonyms & Antonyms for BACKGROUND | Thesaurus.com
Find 28 ways to say BACKGROUND, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
7. Background definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Background definition: Your background is the kind of family you come from ... Synonyms: experience, grounding, education, preparation More Synonyms of background ... despite warnings that we would undergo criminal background checks.
8. BACKGROUND CHECK | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
5 days ago ... background check definition: a check of what a person has done in the past, usually as part of the process of deciding whether…. Learn more.
9. Spanish Translation of “background check” - Collins Dictionary
Spanish Translation of “background check” | The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online. Over 100000 Spanish translations of English words and ...
10. 31 Synonyms & Antonyms for INVESTIGATION | Thesaurus.com
Find 31 ways to say INVESTIGATION, along with antonyms, related words, and ... See definition of investigation on Dictionary.com ... synonyms for investigation.
What types of background checks are available?
Common types of background checks include criminal history searches, education verification, address history searches, reference checks, and employment verification.
Are there any restrictions on what can be included in a background check?
Yes. Different states may have laws about what information is permissible in a background check. Additionally, employers must ensure that the results do not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
How long does it take to complete a background check?
The length of time it takes for a background check to be completed varies depending on the type of check being conducted. Generally speaking it can take anywhere from several hours to several weeks before the process is complete.
Is consent required for a background check?
Yes. Employers must obtain written consent from an applicant before conducting a background check — this is usually done via a release form that authorizes the employer to look into an applicant's past activities such as criminal records or credit histories.
A Background Check can provide valuable information to employers that can help them make informed decisions concerning potential candidates for hire but it's important to remember that there are legal guidelines that must be adhered to when conducting these checks. It's also important to understand the different types of checks available so that you are sure that you are getting accurate results within legal bounds.