The expression "ambulance chaser" refers to lawyers who attempt to solicit clients or cases after an accident. They come in the form of advertisements, emails, and even door-to-door personal visits. The phrase has become so widely used that it has been adopted in a derogatory sense to describe any lawyer who excessively seeks out new clients in the aftermath of a disaster or tragedy.
Table Of Content:
- Definition of Ambulance Chaser by Merriam-Webster
- Ambulance chaser Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- AMBULANCE CHASER (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
- definition of Ambulance chasing by The Free Dictionary
- AMBULANCE CHASER | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
- Ambulance chaser definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- AMBULANCE CHASER | definition in the Cambridge English ...
- ambulance chaser - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
- ambulance-chaser noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and ...
- Ambulance chasing - Wikipedia
1. Definition of Ambulance Chaser by Merriam-Webster
Ambulance chaser definition is - a lawyer or lawyer's agent who incites accident victims to sue for damages.
2. Ambulance chaser Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Ambulance chaser definition, a lawyer who seeks accident victims as clients and encourages them to sue for ... Also called, British Slang, accident tout .
3. AMBULANCE CHASER (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
Definition and synonyms of ambulance chaser from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English definition of ambulance ...
4. definition of Ambulance chasing by The Free Dictionary
slang US a lawyer who seeks to encourage and profit from the lawsuits of accident victims. ambulance chasing n. Collins English Dictionary – Complete and ...
5. AMBULANCE CHASER | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
5 days ago ... Meaning of ambulance chaser in English ... a lawyer who tries to get work by persuading someone who has been in an accident to claim money ...
6. Ambulance chaser definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Ambulance chaser definition: a lawyer who seeks to encourage and profit from the lawsuits of accident victims | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
7. AMBULANCE CHASER | definition in the Cambridge English ...
5 days ago ... ambulance chaser meaning: 1. a lawyer who tries to get work by persuading someone who has been in an accident to claim money…
8. ambulance chaser - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
ambulance chaser - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions.
9. ambulance-chaser noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and ...
Want to learn more? Find out which words work together and produce more natural sounding English with the Oxford Collocations Dictionary app. See ambulance ...
10. Ambulance chasing - Wikipedia
Ambulance chasing or barratry is a term which refers to a lawyer soliciting for clients at a disaster site. The term "ambulance chasing" comes from the stereotype ...
What does “ambulance chaser” mean?
An ambulance chaser is a lawyer who aggressively solicits clients or cases after an accident.
How do ambulance chasers typically find potential clients?
Ambulance chasers tend to advertise their services extensively, often through email campaigns and door-to-door visits.
Are all lawyers considered “ambulance chasers”?
No, not all lawyers are considered “ambulance chasers”. The term is typically used in a derogatory way to describe lawyers who excessively seek out new clients in the aftermath of a disaster or tragedy.
Is there anything illegal about “ambulance chasing”?
In some states, ambulance chasing is considered illegal as it can be seen as taking advantage of vulnerable people in distressful situations. Therefore, it is always important for attorneys to research the specific laws regarding solicitation in their state before engaging any such practices.
The expression "ambulance chaser" may evoke negative associations and connotations but without solicitation activities law firms wouldn't be able to find potential clients and represent them when they need it most. It's essential for attorneys practicing this kind of activity to know their obligations under local laws governing such practices however not all solicitations are seen as unethical or illegal activities.