The term ambo is an administrative district found in some African countries. It generally divides a geographical area into several sub-divisions or districts. Ambo is usually used to organize regions and their respective populations for the purpose of governing or taxation.
Table Of Content:
- Ambo Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Ambos - definition of ambos by The Free Dictionary
- Ambo | Definition of Ambo by Merriam-Webster
- What does ambos mean?
- Translate ambos from Spanish to English
- ambos in English | English Spanish Translator | Nglish by Britannica
- Ambo definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Ambos | Spanish to English Translation - SpanishDict
- ambos - Diccionario Inglés-Español WordReference.com
- AMBO English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
1. Ambo Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Ambo definition, (in an early Christian church) a raised desk, or either of two such desks, from which the Gospels or Epistles were read or chanted. See more.
2. Ambos - definition of ambos by The Free Dictionary
[Medieval Latin, from Greek ambōn, raised edge.] American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin ...
3. Ambo | Definition of Ambo by Merriam-Webster
Ambo definition is - a large pulpit or reading desk in early churches and in ... plural ambos or ambones\ am-ˈbō-(ˌ)nēz \ ... Dictionary Entries Near ambo.
4. What does ambos mean?
Information and translations of ambos in the most comprehensive dictionary definitions ... How to pronounce ambos? Alex. US English. Daniel. British. Karen.
5. Translate ambos from Spanish to English
Translate ambos from Spanish to English · ambos: both; either; the two of us · Wiktionary: ambos → both; ambos → both ...
6. ambos in English | English Spanish Translator | Nglish by Britannica
How to say ambos In English - Translation of ambos to English by Nglish, on-line comprehensive Spanish – English and English – Spanish Dictionary, ...
7. Ambo definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
... in early... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples. ... nounWord forms: plural ambos or ambones (æmˈbəʊniːz ) ... ambo in American English.
8. Ambos | Spanish to English Translation - SpanishDict
Translate Ambos. See 2 authoritative translations of Ambos in English with example sentences, phrases and ... Learn more with unlimited dictionary access.
9. ambos - Diccionario Inglés-Español WordReference.com
ambos - Traduccion ingles de diccionario ingles. ... Inflexiones de 'ambo' (nm): mpl: ambos. Inflexiones ... WordReference English-Spanish Dictionary © 2021: ...
10. AMBO English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
ambo · Pronunciation /ˈambō/ /ˈæmboʊ/ · nounplural noun ambos, plural noun ambones/amˈbōnēz/ · Origin.
What does ‘ambo’ mean?
Ambo is an administrative district found in some African countries, which refers to a geographical area being divided into several sub-districts for the purpose of governing or taxation.
Where does the term ‘ambo’ originate from?
The origin of the word ‘ambo’ is unclear, but it likely originated from an African word meaning “assembly” or “gathering place".
In which African countries can one find ambo as a form of administration?
Ambo has been used as an administrative system in many countries including Nigeria, Ghana and South Africa.
What role do ambos usually play in African politics?
Ambos are typically part of the executive branch of government and have roles such as monitoring and collecting taxes, maintaining public order, training civil servants, and acting as an intermediary between the central government and local communities.
The term ambo is an essential part of many African societies, providing both a means of governance and taxation while also acting as an intermediary between citizens and the central government. It is a concept that has been present in many countries on the continent for centuries.