Compassion is a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is stricken by misfortune, accompanied by a strong desire to alleviate their suffering. It is an emotion prompted by the perception of another's suffering that motivates a desire to help
Table Of Content:
- Compassionate | Definition of Compassionate by Merriam-Webster
- Compassionate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Compassion | Definition of Compassion by Merriam-Webster
- Compassionate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- What Is Compassion? Understanding The Meaning of Compassion
- Compassion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- COMPASSION | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Compassion - Wikipedia
- COMPASSION | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Compassionate Meaning | Best 9 Definitions of Compassionate
1. Compassionate | Definition of Compassionate by Merriam-Webster
Jul 31, 2021 ... Compassionate definition is - having or showing compassion : sympathetic. How to use ... Examples of compassionate in a Sentence. Adjective a ... English Language Learners Definition of compassionate. : feeling or ...
2. Compassionate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Examples of 'compassionate' in a sentence. compassionate ... These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read more …
3. Compassion | Definition of Compassion by Merriam-Webster
Compassion definition is - sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to ... Example Sentences Learn More About compassion ... See the full definition for compassion in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
4. Compassionate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Compassionate definition, having or showing compassion: a compassionate person; a compassionate letter. ... Top Definitions; Synonyms; Quizzes; Related Content; Vocab Builder; Examples; British ... Compassionate means having compassion—a feeling of sympathy or pity for ... How to use compassionate in a sentence.
5. What Is Compassion? Understanding The Meaning of Compassion
The definition of compassion, according to the Merriam-Webster Dictionary, is the "sympathetic consciousness of others' distress together with a desire to alleviate ...
6. Compassion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Compassion definition, a feeling of deep sympathy and sorrow for another who is ... First recorded in 1300–50; Middle English (from Anglo-French ), from Late Latin compassiōn- (stem of compassiō). ... How to use compassion in a sentence.
7. COMPASSION | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Meaning of compassion in English ... a strong feeling of sympathy and sadness for the suffering or bad luck of others and a wish to help them: I was ...
8. Compassion - Wikipedia
Compassion motivates people to go out of their way to help the physical, mental, or emotional ... The English noun compassion, meaning to suffer together with, comes from Latin. Its prefix com- comes directly from ... The definition of compassion is often confused with that of empathy. Empathy, as defined by researchers, ...
9. COMPASSION | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
compassion meaning: 1. a strong feeling of sympathy and sadness for the suffering or bad luck of others and a ... SMART Vocabulary: related words and phrases ... Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge.
10. Compassionate Meaning | Best 9 Definitions of Compassionate
Compassionate meaning ... Frequency: The definition of compassionate is someone who shows kindness and empathy to others, or is something or some act that ...
What is an example of compassion?
An example of compassion would be offering emotional support to someone who has suffered a loss or providing assistance to someone in need. This can be expressed through words, comforting gestures, or tangible acts of kindness
How do you show compassion?
To show compassion, be supportive and understanding, reach out with your time and energy, offer practical help and guidance, express respect and appreciation for the other person’s feelings
How do you respond to compassionate behavior?
When someone demonstrates compassionate behavior towards you, it’s important to thank them for their kindness. Let them know how much it means to you that they were there for you in your time of need
What are the benefits of being compassionate?
The benefits of having compassion include improved relationships with others, better psychological health, increased empathy towards others, increased physical health due to stress reduction, greater overall satisfaction with life
What are some tips on how to become more compassionate?
Tips on how to become more compassionate include understanding why it matters; developing awareness around our emotions; keeping perspective; listening deeply; speaking kindly; staying mindful when responding; and taking action when we see suffering or injustice
Finally, you got the answer of a sentence for compassionate definition and meaning in english in this article. We update details about Compassionate | Definition of Compassionate by Merriam-Webster. Thank you for reading.