"Social distancing" has become an unavoidable phrase for all of us to live our lives under these days. But, what does it mean?
Table Of Content:
- What Are the 14 Punctuation Marks in English Grammar?
- What does this mean in English? in Spanish | English to Spanish ...
- what does this mean - English translation – Linguee
- English Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Mean Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
- What Does Text Complexity Mean for English Learners and ...
- Pernicious Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
- Mean definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- 10 Spanish expressions everyone should know ‹ GO Blog | EF ...
- Is this the most powerful word in the English language? - BBC Culture
1. What Are the 14 Punctuation Marks in English Grammar?
Use a question mark (?) to indicate a direct question when placed at the end of a sentence. When did Jane leave for the market? The exclamation point (!) is ...
2. What does this mean in English? in Spanish | English to Spanish ...
Look at this word. What does this mean in English? - "Alfombra" means "carpet."Mira esta palabra. ¿Qué significa esto en inglés?
3. what does this mean - English translation – Linguee
Many translated example sentences containing "what does this mean" – English-Portuguese dictionary and search engine for English translations.
4. English Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Save This Word! ... of, relating to, or characteristic of England or its inhabitants, institutions, etc. belonging or relating to, or spoken or written in, the ...
5. Mean Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
Definition of mean · 1 : occupying a middle position : intermediate in space, order, time, kind, or degree · 2 : occupying a position about midway between ...
6. What Does Text Complexity Mean for English Learners and ...
What Does Text Complexity Mean for English Learners and Language. Minority Students? Lily Wong Fillmore, University of California, Berkeley. Charles J. Fillmore ...
7. Pernicious Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster
The meaning of PERNICIOUS is highly injurious or destructive : deadly. ... Its original meaning in English, “highly injurious or destructive,” usually ...
8. Mean definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
mean in British English 1 ; 1. · to intend to convey or express ; 2. · intend. I didn't mean to hurt you ; 3. · to say or do in all seriousness. the management mean ...
9. 10 Spanish expressions everyone should know ‹ GO Blog | EF ...
Jan 28, 2021 ... 2. Vale ... How do you say it? “Bale” (the V turns into a B). What does it mean and how is it used? Very much a part of the Spaniards' vocabulary, ...
10. Is this the most powerful word in the English language? - BBC Culture
Jan 9, 2020 ... The second reason is that 'the' lies at the heart of English grammar, having a function rather than a meaning.
Social distancing is the practice of staying away from people and gatherings in order to avoid the spread of a contagious illness or virus. It typically involves maintaining a physical distance of at least six feet from others, avoiding large gatherings, and refraining from unnecessary travel.
Social distancing is important because it helps reduce the rate of transmission of contagious illnesses by limiting direct contact between people. By limiting contact with other people, you can help slow the spread of contagious diseases like COVID-19 by reducing your chance of being exposed to it.
The length of time that you need to practice social distancing depends on the situation and may change over time. The current recommendation is at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible and to minimize trips out of the home until further notice.
What should I do if I have no choice but to go out in public?
If you must go out in public, such as for food or medical care, be sure to protect yourself by washing your hands frequently, wearing a face covering when necessary, and maintaining a distance of 6 feet from other people.
Social distancing has become a critical part of protecting ourselves and our communities during this pandemic. By following these guidelines and taking appropriate precautions, we can help contain the spread of the virus and keep ourselves safe.