Dental hygiene schools in Colorado offer high-quality training for those looking to launch a career as a dental hygienist. The exemplary instruction provided by these programs prepares students for success in the dental field. Schools include Colorado Technical University, Community College of Denver, and Pima Medical Institute.
Table Of Content:
- Dental Hygiene Programs | Colorado Dental Hygienists' Association
- Dental Hygiene | Community College of Denver
- 4 Dental Hygienist Schools in CO - Accredited & Awesome
- Dental Hygiene | Pikes Peak State College
- 2023 Best Colorado Colleges with Dental Hygiene Degrees - Niche
- Dental Hygiene (AAS)
- Dental Hygienist – Health Professions Advising
- University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
- Dental Hygiene, AAS | Pueblo Community College
- Best Dental Hygiene Schools in Colorado - Dental School Rankings
1. Dental Hygiene Programs | Colorado Dental Hygienists' Association
Rangely College's (Colorado Northwestern Community College) School of Dental Hygiene was established in September of 1962, and graduated their first class ...
2. Dental Hygiene | Community College of Denver
The dental hygiene program at the Community College of Denver (CCD) was established in 1996. Located on the Lowry campus of CCD, it is one of the most ...
3. 4 Dental Hygienist Schools in CO - Accredited & Awesome
Colorado Northwestern Community College · Address: 500 Kennedy Drive, Rangely, Colorado 81648-3598 · Phone: (970) 675-2261 ...
4. Dental Hygiene | Pikes Peak State College
Dental Hygiene Education Requirements · Colorado Northwestern Community College · Community College of Denver · Pueblo Community College ...
5. 2023 Best Colorado Colleges with Dental Hygiene Degrees - Niche
2023 Best Colleges with Dental Hygiene Degrees in Colorado · Colorado Northwestern Community College. Rangely, CO · Pueblo Community College. Pueblo, CO ...
6. Dental Hygiene (AAS)
Dental Hygiene (AAS) ... Established in 1962, this nationally-acclaimed program consists of five semesters of instruction and clinical training and is accredited ...
7. Dental Hygienist – Health Professions Advising
Dental Hygienists work alongside dentists to meet the oral health care needs ... in dental hygiene must graduate from an accredited dental hygiene program ...
8. University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine
The only dental school in the Rocky Mountain region, the University of Colorado School of Dental Medicine, is a leader in innovation. The school has five ...
9. Dental Hygiene, AAS | Pueblo Community College
Applications for 2023 are now OPEN. Due date is February 1, 2023. NEW REQUIREMENT ADDED TO APPLICATION PROCESS. The Dental Hygiene Program will ...
10. Best Dental Hygiene Schools in Colorado - Dental School Rankings
Currently, there are four accredited dental hygienist schools in Colorado. Which includes Concorde Career College-Aurora, Pueblo Community College, Community ...
What is the expected cost of tuition?
Tuition costs vary depending on the program; however, students can receive financial aid depending on their situation. Colorado Technical University reported that undergraduate tuition starts at $8,763, while Pima Medical Institute's tuition ranges from $12,000 to $20,400.
What type of degree is available?
Programs offer several different degree levels; such as an Associate of Applied Science (AAS) or Bachelor of Science (BS). Additionally, many programs offer certificates as well.
Are classes available online?
All three schools offer some courses online; however, keep in mind that there are also hybrid classes which require a combination of both online and on-campus learning.
Dental hygiene students should be prepared to participate in supervised clinical activities that teach them how to safely and effectively provide patient care. This includes activities like taking impressions, cleaning teeth, performing x-rays and applying preventive materials to teeth surfaces.
Those who choose to pursue a degree from one of Colorado’s excellent dental hygiene schools can look forward to comprehensive education with real world experience built into it. Graduates will have numerous opportunities open to them in the dynamic field of practice dentistry and care for patients' oral health needs with confidence and skill.