Genome is a term that is used to refer to all the genetic information contained in an organism's DNA. It can also be used to describe the complete set of genes contained within a particular species. Generally, genomes are studied in order to understand how they are organized and regulated, as well as their evolution and role in disease.
Table Of Content:
- Genome Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Genome | Definition of Genome by Merriam-Webster
- Genome - Wikipedia
- What is another word for genome? | Genome Synonyms ...
- Definition - Wikipedia
- Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA)
- GENOME | Definition of GENOME by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
- 14 Synonyms & Antonyms for GENETIC | Thesaurus.com
- GENOME (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
- Genetic Engineering - Genome.gov
1. Genome Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Genome definition, a full set of chromosomes; all the inheritable traits of an organism. ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Examples; British; Medical; Scientific; Cultural ... ARE YOU A TRUE BLUE CHAMPION OF THESE "BLUE" SYNONYMS ?
2. Genome | Definition of Genome by Merriam-Webster
Jul 30, 2021 ... Genome definition is - one haploid set of chromosomes with the genes they contain; ... Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, https://www. merriam-webster.com/dictionary/genome. ... Nglish: Translation of genome for Spanish Speakers ... “In Vino Veritas” and Other Latin Phrases to Live By.
3. Genome - Wikipedia
In the fields of molecular biology and genetics, a genome is all genetic material of an organism. ... The Oxford Dictionary suggests the name is a blend of the words gene and chromosome. However, see omics ... It is surprising the amount of DNA that eukaryotic genomes contain compared to other genomes. The amount is ...
4. What is another word for genome? | Genome Synonyms ...
“As originally defined by Winkler, genome referred to a monoploid chromosome complement.” Find more words! Another word for, Opposite of, Meaning of ...
5. Definition - Wikipedia
A definition is a statement of the meaning of a term Definitions can be classified into two large ... A term may have many different senses and multiple meanings, and thus require multiple definitions. ... Frequently, a definition uses a phrase built with common English words, which has no meaning outside mathematics, such ...
6. Deoxyribonucleic Acid (DNA)
DNA is the chemical name for the molecule that carries genetic instructions in all ... The DNA molecule consists of two strands that wind around one another to ...
7. GENOME | Definition of GENOME by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
What is the definition of GENOME? What is the meaning of ... use GENOME in a sentence? What are synonyms for GENOME? ... Meaning of genome in English: ...
8. 14 Synonyms & Antonyms for GENETIC | Thesaurus.com
Find 14 ways to say GENETIC, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
9. GENOME (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
the total amount of genetic information in the chromosomes of a living thing, including its genes and DNA. the human genome. Synonyms and related words. +
10. Genetic Engineering - Genome.gov
Genetic engineering is the process of using recombinant DNA (rDNA) ... Genetic engineering is a term that was first introduced into our language in the ... means that you are taking pieces of DNA and combining them with other pieces of DNA.
The term genome has become increasingly prevalent in biology due to advances in technology that have enabled scientists to analyze them at an ever increasing level of detail. Results from these studies have helped advance our understanding of biological processes at the molecular level with implications for human health and development.