The word “depends” has many different meanings and uses when referring to decision-making and circumstances. In this article, we will discuss the definition and meaning of the word “depends”, as well as provide relevant FAQs about its usage in English.
Table Of Content:
- Depend | Definition of Depend by Merriam-Webster
- 38 Synonyms & Antonyms for DEPEND | Thesaurus.com
- Depend Synonyms, Depend Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- Depend Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Depend Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
- DEPEND | Synonyms of DEPEND by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
- Rely Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Word Meaning (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
- What is another word for depend? | Depend Synonyms - WordHippo ...
- DEPEND | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
1. Depend | Definition of Depend by Merriam-Webster
Depend definition is - to be determined, based, or contingent. How to use depend in a ... Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About depend ... See the full definition for depend in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. 38 Synonyms & Antonyms for DEPEND | Thesaurus.com
Find 38 ways to say DEPEND, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
3. Depend Synonyms, Depend Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
9 synonyms of depend from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 10 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word ... See the Dictionary Definition. Keep scrolling ... Britannica English: Translation of depend for Arabic Speakers ...
4. Depend Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Depend definition, to rely; place trust (usually followed by on or upon): You may depend on ... See synonyms for: depend / depended / depending on Thesaurus. com ... 1375–1425; late Middle English dependen
5. Depend Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
Find all the synonyms and alternative words for depend at Synonyms.com, the largest free online thesaurus, antonyms, definitions and translations resource on the web. ... How to pronounce depend? Alex. US English. Daniel. British. Karen.
6. DEPEND | Synonyms of DEPEND by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
... DEPEND? What is the meaning of DEPEND? How do you use DEPEND in a sentence? What are synonyms for DEPEND? ... Synonyms of depend in English: ...
7. Rely Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Rely definition, to depend confidently; put trust in (usually followed by on or ... See synonyms for: rely / relying on Thesaurus.com ... Origin of rely. 1300–50; Middle English relien
8. Word Meaning (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Jun 2, 2015 ... For example, words are the primary locus of stress and tone assignment, ... Other inferences depend on properties of non-logical words that are usually ... states the truth conditions of the English sentence “If the weather is bad ...
9. What is another word for depend? | Depend Synonyms - WordHippo ...
Find 1373 synonyms for depend and other similar words that you can use instead based on 8 separate contexts from our thesaurus. ... use as a basis · have its origin in · traced back to · fix · embed · place · set · installUS ... English. Afrikaans. Albanian. Amharic. Arabic. Armenian. Azerbaijani. Basque. Belarusian. Bengali.
10. DEPEND | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... depend | American Dictionary ... to be influenced or determined by something else: All of this depends on how the test is constructed. “Do you eat ...
What does the word “depends” mean?
The word “depends” is an adverb used to describe something being contingent upon certain conditions or circumstances. It is commonly used in decision-making contexts and can also be used to refer to something relying on another source for success.
How is the word “depends” commonly used in English?
The word “depends” is most commonly used in a decision-making context, where choices are contingent upon the outcome of a particular situation. It can also be used to refer to things that rely on another source for success, such as relying on one's job for income.
What other words have similar meanings as “depends”?
Other words with similar meanings include contingent, conditional, reliant and dependant.
In conclusion, "depends" is an adverb that refers to something being contingent upon certain conditions or circumstances. It is often used in decisions making contexts regarding outcomes of situations and also things that require outside sources for success or survival—such as income from a job.