Depend is a verb used to express reliance and confidence upon another person, object or situation based on expectation that it will remain constant. It may refer to the act of depending on someone for emotional or financial support, or even just for a service that is provided. The act of relying on another entity or thing to provide something necessary can also be referred to as ‘depend’
Table Of Content:
- 38 Synonyms & Antonyms for DEPEND | Thesaurus.com
- Depend Synonyms, Depend Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- Depend Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Depend | Definition of Depend by Merriam-Webster
- Depend Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
- What is another word for depend? | Depend Synonyms - WordHippo ...
- DEPEND | Synonyms of DEPEND by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
- 10 Verbs that are contronyms
- Depend synonyms | Best 56 synonyms for depend
- What is another word for depends? | Depends Synonyms ...
1. 38 Synonyms & Antonyms for DEPEND | Thesaurus.com
Find 38 ways to say DEPEND, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
2. Depend Synonyms, Depend Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
9 synonyms of depend from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 10 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word ... See the Dictionary Definition. Keep scrolling ... Britannica English: Translation of depend for Arabic Speakers ...
3. Depend Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Depend definition, to rely; place trust (usually followed by on or upon): You may depend on ... See synonyms for: depend / depended / depending on Thesaurus. com ... 1375–1425; late Middle English dependen
4. Depend | Definition of Depend by Merriam-Webster
Depend definition is - to be determined, based, or contingent. How to use ... Synonyms More Example Sentences Learn More About depend. Keep scrolling for ...
5. Depend Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
Find all the synonyms and alternative words for depend at Synonyms.com, the largest free online thesaurus, antonyms, definitions and translations resource on the web. ... How to pronounce depend? Alex. US English. Daniel. British. Karen.
6. What is another word for depend? | Depend Synonyms - WordHippo ...
Find 1373 synonyms for depend and other similar words that you can use instead based on 8 separate contexts from our thesaurus. ... use as a basis · have its origin in · traced back to · fix · embed · place · set · installUS ... English. Afrikaans. Albanian. Amharic. Arabic. Armenian. Azerbaijani. Basque. Belarusian. Bengali.
7. DEPEND | Synonyms of DEPEND by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
... DEPEND? What is the meaning of DEPEND? How do you use DEPEND in a sentence? What are synonyms for DEPEND? ... Synonyms of depend in English: ...
8. 10 Verbs that are contronyms
Jan 14, 2021 ... Simple words can have opposite or multiple implications depending on their dictionary definitions and the context in which they are used. ... Specifically, a contronym is a word with a homonym (another word with the ... Here are some contronyms that are commonly used as verbs in the English language:.
9. Depend synonyms | Best 56 synonyms for depend
The best 56 synonyms for depend, including: rely, depends, calculable, rest, bank, contingent, ... The definition of authoritative is someone or something having power, influence or the right to control and make decisions. 4. 2 ... To stake (an amount, for example) in a bet. 0 ... Could You Pass a Basic English Grammar Test?
10. What is another word for depends? | Depends Synonyms ...
Find 318 synonyms for depends and other similar words that you can use instead based on 8 separate contexts from our thesaurus. ... springs · sets up · uses as a basis · has its origin in · fixes · sets · installsUS, places ... English. Afrikaans. Albanian. Amharic. Arabic. Armenian. Azerbaijani. Basque. Belarusian. Bengali.
What does the verb 'depend' mean?
The verb ‘depend’ means to rely on or be determined by another person, object or situation.
Is depend an action word?
Yes, depend is an action word used to describe the act of relying on someone else for support.
How does one demonstrate dependence?
Dependence can be demonstrated in many different ways depending on the context, such as relying on someone for financial help or emotional stability.
Why is it important to depend upon others?
It is important to rely upon other people because it helps build trust and strengthens relationships between individuals in society. Doing so can help create a more supportive environment and allows people to feel safe in their daily lives.
Depend is an important part of our everyday lives and understanding its meaning and importance can help us build strong relationships with those around us. Relying on others for assistance gives us the strength we need during difficult times and can ultimately lead to more meaningful connections with one another.