Conscience is an internal moral compass that guides a person’s actions. It is the ability to determine between what is right and wrong, and the feeling or awareness of someone’s own actions. Conscience can be seen as an innate ability that gives individuals both a sense of morality and responsibility for their choices.
Table Of Content:
- Conscience Synonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- 16 Synonyms & Antonyms for CONSCIENCE | Thesaurus.com
- Conscious Synonyms, Conscious Antonyms | Merriam-Webster ...
- Conscience Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Conscience Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
- What is another word for conscience? | Conscience Synonyms ...
- Conscience Synonyms | Collins English Thesaurus
- Conscience synonyms | Best 33 synonyms for conscience
- Conscience-smitten definition and meaning | Collins English ...
- concept of collective consciousness
1. Conscience Synonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
22 synonyms and near synonyms of conscience from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus. Find another word ... See the Dictionary Definition. Keep scrolling for ... Britannica English: Translation of conscience for Arabic Speakers. Britannica. com: ...
2. 16 Synonyms & Antonyms for CONSCIENCE | Thesaurus.com
Find 16 ways to say CONSCIENCE, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
3. Conscious Synonyms, Conscious Antonyms | Merriam-Webster ...
Some common synonyms of conscious are alive, awake, aware, cognizant, and sensible. While all these words mean "having knowledge of something," conscious ...
4. Conscience Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
the complex of ethical and moral principles that controls or inhibits the actions or thoughts of an individual. an inhibiting sense of what is prudent: I'd eat another ...
5. Conscience Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
Jul 3, 2019 ... Find all the synonyms and alternative words for conscience at ... the largest free online thesaurus, antonyms, definitions and translations resource on the web. ... How to pronounce conscience? Alex. US English. Daniel. British.
6. What is another word for conscience? | Conscience Synonyms ...
A person's moral sense of right and wrong, viewed as acting as a guide to one's behaviour · A feeling of guilt · The nature or essence of a person · A doubt or ...
7. Conscience Synonyms | Collins English Thesaurus
Another word for conscience: principles, scruples, moral sense, sense of right and wrong, still small voice | Collins English Thesaurus.
8. Conscience synonyms | Best 33 synonyms for conscience
The best 33 synonyms for conscience, including: compunction, immorality, inner voice, heart, psyche, shame, morals, sense, thought, decency, right and more.
9. Conscience-smitten definition and meaning | Collins English ...
conscience-smitten in British English. (ˈkɒnʃənsˌsmɪtən). adjective. another word for conscience-stricken. Collins English Dictionary. Copyright ...
10. concept of collective consciousness
Collective consciousness, collective conscience, or collective conscious (French: conscience ... Some prefer to treat the word 'conscience' as an untranslatable foreign word or technical term, without its normal English meaning. ... Collective consciousness can refer to a multitude of different individual forms of consciousness ...
What is conscience?
Conscience is an internal moral compass that guides a person’s actions. It is the ability to determine between what is right and wrong, and the feeling or awareness of someone’s own actions.
Where does conscience come from?
Conscience can be seen as an innate ability that exists within everyone, giving individuals both a sense of morality as well as personal responsibility for their choices.
How does conscience influence behavior?
Conscience influences behavior by providing individuals with guidance on how they should act in any given situation. This can help people make more ethical decisions while also allowing them to assess their own feelings and behaviors in relation to the consequences they may face afterwards.
Is conscience the same thing as intuition?
While both conscience and intuition are instinctive drives, they serve different functions. Intuition offers insight into potential outcomes, while conscience acts as a guide for moral decision-making based on one's values and beliefs.
Can conscience be overridden?
Yes, it is possible for conscience to be overridden when someone makes decisions that go against their own inner judgment or moral code. It takes conscious effort to resist impulses or human desires in order to make decisions based on one's values instead of immediate gratification.
In conclusion, understanding what conscience is can help us understand how we make choices in our lives, why certain behaviors may not feel comfortable or right to us, and how we can use our conscience as a tool for making better decisions.