Comedy is an art form that evokes laughter and amusement. It can be found in various forms, such as verbal jokes, physical humor, plays, sitcoms and film. Comedy has been around since the time of Ancient Greece and continues to bring joy to people around the world today.
Table Of Content:
- 46 Synonyms & Antonyms for COMEDY | Thesaurus.com
- Comedian Synonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- Comedy Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Comedy Synonyms, Comedy Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- Comedian Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Humor Synonyms, Humor Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- What is another word for comedy? | Comedy Synonyms ...
- Malapropism - Wikipedia
- Comedy synonyms | Best 53 synonyms for comedy
- Shtick - Wikipedia
1. 46 Synonyms & Antonyms for COMEDY | Thesaurus.com
comedy. See definition of comedy on Dictionary.com. nounfunny entertainment. synonyms for comedy ... See how your sentence looks with different synonyms.
2. Comedian Synonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
14 synonyms of comedian from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 21 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for comedian.
3. Comedy Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Comedy definition, a play, movie, etc., of light and humorous character with a happy or cheerful ending; ... See synonyms for comedy on Thesaurus.com ... Origin of comedy. 1350–1400; Middle English comedye
4. Comedy Synonyms, Comedy Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
13 synonyms of comedy from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 43 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for comedy.
5. Comedian Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Comedian definition, a professional entertainer who amuses by relating anecdotes, acting out comical ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Related Content; Examples; British ... See synonyms for comedian on Thesaurus.com ... Origin of comedian.
6. Humor Synonyms, Humor Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
35 synonyms of humor from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 109 related words, definitions, ... Britannica English: Translation of humor for Arabic Speakers .
7. What is another word for comedy? | Comedy Synonyms ...
Find 1667 synonyms for comedy and other similar words that you can use instead based on 9 separate contexts from our thesaurus.
8. Malapropism - Wikipedia
A malapropism is the mistaken use of an incorrect word in place of a word with a similar sound, ... According to the Oxford English Dictionary, the first recorded use of ... Other malapropisms spoken by Mrs. Malaprop include "illiterate him quite from your ... British comedian Ronnie Barker also made great use of deliberate ...
9. Comedy synonyms | Best 53 synonyms for comedy
The best 53 synonyms for comedy, including: comedy-drama, comic, comedy-of- manners, high comedy, satire, tragedy, jocularity, romantic-comedy, melodrama, ...
10. Shtick - Wikipedia
A shtick (Yiddish: שטיק) is a comic theme or gimmick. The word entered the English language ... In stand-up comedy context a near equivalent term is a "bit". ... usage, the word shtick has also come to mean any talent, style, habit, or other ... For example, a person who is known locally for an ability to eat dozens of hot dogs ...
Comedy has been an important part of culture for centuries, bringing joy to people all over the world through countless forms of entertainment such as verbal jokes, physical humor, plays, sitcoms and film. Through this entertainment we are able to find moments of levity in our day to day lives that help us to manage life's hardships with a smile on our faces or even just a light laugh!