Bandwidth is a term used to describe the maximum data transfer rate of a network or internet connection. It is commonly measured in bits per second, or "bps". Bandwidth affects how quickly data can be transmitted from one device to another.
Table Of Content:
- 5 Synonyms & Antonyms for BANDWIDTH | Thesaurus.com
- Bandwidth | Definition of Bandwidth by Merriam-Webster
- Bandwidth Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- The New Meaning of 'Bandwidth' | Merriam-Webster
- BANDWIDTH (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
- What is another word for bandwidth? | Bandwidth Synonyms ...
- What is Bandwidth? - Definition, Meaning & Explanation | Verizon Fios
- Is it proper to use the word "bandwidth" as it relates to time allotment ...
- BANDWIDTH | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Network bandwidth - The Free Dictionary
1. 5 Synonyms & Antonyms for BANDWIDTH | Thesaurus.com
Find 5 ways to say BANDWIDTH, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
2. Bandwidth | Definition of Bandwidth by Merriam-Webster
Bandwidth definition is - a range within a band of wavelengths, frequencies, ... bandwidth of your internet service, and the devices used, among other factors. ... See the full definition for bandwidth in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
3. Bandwidth Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Bandwidth definition, the smallest range of frequencies constituting a band within which a particular signal ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Related Content; Examples; British; Scientific; Cultural ... See synonyms for bandwidth on Thesaurus.com ...
4. The New Meaning of 'Bandwidth' | Merriam-Webster
The term has long been used to refer to the transfer of data, but is seeing an increased use with the meaning 'availability or capacity for something.' ... Fitting a new definition into a busy schedule ... Other technical terms, such as electrocardiograph, have unfortunately failed to break out into any wider figurative use.
5. BANDWIDTH (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
bandwidth Definitions and Synonyms · 1. computingthe amount of information that can be sent each second over a network connection. A broadband internet ...
6. What is another word for bandwidth? | Bandwidth Synonyms ...
Find 8 synonyms for bandwidth and other similar words that you can use instead based on 2 separate contexts from our thesaurus.
7. What is Bandwidth? - Definition, Meaning & Explanation | Verizon Fios
Learn more about the meaning of bandwidth from Verizon's dictionary of ... Some internet terms are so similar that they're often confused with each other. We're ...
8. Is it proper to use the word "bandwidth" as it relates to time allotment ...
The question of whether or not it is "proper" is meaningless, unless you define the particular arbiter of manners who you want to defer to. There is no authority for the English language. ... On the other hand, in business jargon, it is sometimes used to refer to the ... Bandwidth was originally used to mean the width, in Hz, of an ...
9. BANDWIDTH | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... bandwidth noun [C usually singular or U] (INFORMATION) · Tasks like simultaneously streaming several different video signals over a wireless ...
10. Network bandwidth - The Free Dictionary
Define Network bandwidth. Network bandwidth synonyms, Network bandwidth pronunciation, Network bandwidth translation, English dictionary definition of ...
What does bandwidth measure?
Bandwidth measures the maximum data transfer rate of a network or internet connection, typically measured in bits per second (or “bps”).
How does bandwidth affect data transmission?
Bandwidth affects how quickly data can be transmitted from one device to another. The higher the bandwidth, the faster data can be sent and received.
What units are used to measure bandwidth?
Bandwidth is typically measured in bits per second (bps).
In conclusion, bandwidth is an important concept when discussing network performance and data transmission speeds. By understanding what bandwidth is and how it affects transfer rates, individuals and organisations will have better insight into their own networks’ performance capabilities.