Ani is a Japanese honorific used to refer to an older sister. It is used as a title or term of endearment by younger siblings in families and also by younger people when addressing people they are close to. Ani is thought to come from the Portuguese word 'maninha' meaning little sister.
Table Of Content:
- Ani definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Translate | Definition of Translate by Merriam-Webster
- la multi ani - Translation into English - examples Romanian ...
- ani … ani | definition in the Polish-English Dictionary - Cambridge ...
- translate - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
- Telugu Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS
- TRANSLATE | Definition of TRANSLATE by Oxford Dictionary on ...
- Modern Hebrew Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS
- Translation Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Yoruba Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS
1. Ani definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Ani definition: any of several gregarious tropical American birds of the genus Crotophaga: family... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
2. Translate | Definition of Translate by Merriam-Webster
Translate definition is - to turn into one's own or another language. How to use translate in ... translate for me? The French word “bonjour” translates as “hello” in English. ... Which of the following animals has a dog in its etymology? canary cat ...
3. la multi ani - Translation into English - examples Romanian ...
Translations in context of "la multi ani" in Romanian-English from Reverso Context: la mulți ani.
4. ani … ani | definition in the Polish-English Dictionary - Cambridge ...
ani … ani - translate into English with the Polish-English Dictionary ... ani … ani. neither … nor used to introduce alternatives which are both negative.
5. translate - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
To translate is to put into a different language or interpret. If your brother says, " Gee, Mom, ... “Tolstoy's novels translate well into English”. Synonyms: interpret ...
6. Telugu Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS
Telugu English Dictionary, Translation, Language, Grammar.
7. TRANSLATE | Definition of TRANSLATE by Oxford Dictionary on ...
verb · 1Express the sense of (words or text) in another language. 'several of his books were translated into English' · 2Move from one place or condition to another.
8. Modern Hebrew Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS
Modern Hebrew-English Dictionary, Online Translation, Grammar of the Hebrew language, Literature.
9. Translation Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
A translation is a rendering of the same ideas in a different language from the original: a translation from Greek into English. A paraphrase is a free rendering of the ...
10. Yoruba Dictionary Online Translation LEXILOGOS
Yoruba English Dictionary Online Translation, Language, Grammar, Literature. ... The Yoruba animal metaphors by Adesola Olateju, in Nordic journal of African ...
Is Ani used only for female siblings?
Yes, 'Ani' is restricted to female siblings. For male siblings, the Japanese honorific 'Onii-san' is used instead.
Is Ani commonly used in Japan?
Yes, 'Ani' is one of the most commonly used honorifics in Japan and it's frequently heard between family members or close friends.
Are there any other honorifics similar to Ani?
Yes, there are several other honorifics that can be used to address an older sibling depending on their gender and relationship with the speaker. For example, 'Nii-san' (older brother) or 'Onee-san' (older sister).
Ani is an important part of many relationships in Japan and can help show respect and love towards elders. It's often heard amongst family members and young children addressing their parents’ close friends.