American shade is a term used to describe a color that has been used for American flags throughout their history. The meaning associated with this color ranges from representing freedom and patriotism in the United States of America, to being a symbol of joy and hope.
Table Of Content:
- What Does 'Throw Shade' Mean? | Merriam-Webster
- SHADE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Shade | Definition of Shade by Merriam-Webster
- Shade definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Shading | Definition of Shading by Merriam-Webster
- Window shade definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Window shade Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- THROW SHADE (ON/AT SOMEONE) (phrase) definition and ...
- List of words having different meanings in American and British ...
- National Geographic
1. What Does 'Throw Shade' Mean? | Merriam-Webster
It appears in the phrase to throw shade, as in "The Sunday Stylers are the last ... According to E. Patrick Johnson, a professor of African-American studies at ...
2. SHADE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... shade definition: 1. slight darkness caused by something blocking the direct light ... The sun was hot, and there were no trees to offer us shade.
3. Shade | Definition of Shade by Merriam-Webster
Shade definition is - comparative darkness or obscurity owing to interception of the ... 10 : a facial expression of sadness or displeasure. throw shade. US slang ... See the full definition for shade in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
4. Shade definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Shade definition: A shade of a particular colour is one of its different forms. ... ... the capacity to convey subtle shades of meaning. ... shade in American English.
5. Shading | Definition of Shading by Merriam-Webster
Shading definition is - the use of marking made within outlines to suggest ... See the full definition for shading in the English Language Learners Dictionary ... Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and ...
6. Window shade definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
shade is used widely for window shade, although blind is common in the Midland U.S. (as well as in Great Britain), and curtain is used chiefly in New England ...
7. Window shade Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Shade is used widely for window shade, although blind is common in the Midland U.S. (as well as in Great Britain), and curtain is used chiefly in New England ...
8. THROW SHADE (ON/AT SOMEONE) (phrase) definition and ...
throw shade (on/at someone) Definitions and Synonyms. phrasemainly Americaninformal ...
9. List of words having different meanings in American and British ...
This is the list of words having different meanings in British and American English : M–Z. For the ... Asterisked (*) meanings, though found chiefly in the specified region, also have some currency in the other dialect; other definitions may be recognised by the ... a sneer, or derisive remark (slang, especially as in "throw shade").
10. National Geographic
Nat Geo TV. Cesar Millan: Better Human Better Dog. Pet owners across America need help more than ever. Fortunately, there's hope. Cesar ...
The term “American shade” refers to blue, white, and red colors found on various pieces of fabric such as flags that are seen throughout history all around the world representing both freedom and patriotism for our United States of America along with a sense of joyfulness for those living inside our borders today.