An American retrofit is a process of replacing, upgrading, or re-engineering existing parts or equipment, often in order to bring them up to modern standards. It is usually done with the intention of improving efficiency or performance. This article will provide an explanation of the term and answer some frequently asked questions about it.
Table Of Content:
- Retrofit definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- RETROFIT (verb) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
- retrofit verb - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
- RETROFIT | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Retrofit | Definition of Retrofit by Merriam-Webster
- How to pronounce RETROFIT in English
- RETROFIT English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- Retrofit Existing Buildings | Department of Energy
- retrofit - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- Retrofit - definition of retrofit by The Free Dictionary
1. Retrofit definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
To retrofit a machine or a building means to put new parts or new equipment in it after it has been in use for some time, especially to improve its safety or make it ...
2. RETROFIT (verb) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
Definition of RETROFIT (verb): change machine or building by adding new things . ... Change your default dictionary to American English. View the pronunciation ...
3. retrofit verb - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
Definition of retrofit verb in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms ... produce more natural sounding English with the Oxford Collocations Dictionary app.
4. RETROFIT | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... retrofit meaning: 1. to provide a machine with a part, or a place with equipment, that it did not originally have…. Learn more. ... Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge. ... /ˈretrəʊˌfɪt/ us.
5. Retrofit | Definition of Retrofit by Merriam-Webster
Jul 27, 2021 ... Retrofit definition is - to furnish (something, such as a computer, airplane, ... See the full definition for retrofit in the English Language Learners Dictionary ... Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more ...
6. How to pronounce RETROFIT in English
5 days ago ... How to say retrofit. Listen to the audio pronunciation in the Cambridge English Dictionary. ... How to pronounce retrofit verb in American English.
7. RETROFIT English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of RETROFIT along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
8. Retrofit Existing Buildings | Department of Energy
Often retrofit involves modifications to existing commercial buildings that may improve energy efficiency or decrease energy demand. In addition, retrofits are often ...
9. retrofit - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
with parts available after manufacture:to retrofit the old airplane with new cannons. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © ...
10. Retrofit - definition of retrofit by The Free Dictionary
ret′ro·fit′ter n. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright © 2016 by Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Publishing Company.
What is the purpose of an American retrofit?
The purpose of an American retrofit is to improve efficiency or performance by replacing outdated parts or equipment with more modern components.
When would someone need to perform an American retrofit?
An American retrofit may be needed when existing parts or equipment become outdated, break down, and no longer function as effectively as they once did. It could also be needed if new technology becomes available that surpasses the current parts and equipment.
What are some common examples of an American retrofit?
Common examples of an American retrofit include updating hydraulic systems, replacing metal parts with plastic ones, adding sensors and cameras to computers, and reupholstering car interiors.
Is an American retrofit always necessary?
Not necessarily - it all depends on the individual situation. In some cases it may not be necessary if the existing equipment is still functioning adequately enough for its intended use.
An American retrofit is a process used to bring outdated or inefficient parts and equipment up to modern standards in order to improve performance or efficiency. While there may be occasions where this type of upgrade isn't necessary, it can help save time, money and resources in many cases by preventing premature failure and ensuring optimal functioning for many years to come.