An American Jumper is a simple, classic piece of clothing that has many uses. The item can be any type of garment such as a dress, blouse, or skirt, but the defining characteristic is that it has a tie-back closure which cinches the waist and makes it look like a jumper. This article will explain what an American Jumper is and provide some relevant FAQs.
Table Of Content:
- Jumper definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Jumper | Definition of Jumper by Merriam-Webster
- Jumper (dress) - Wikipedia
- jumper noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
- JUMPER | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Different Meanings of 'Jumper' (Transatlantic embarassment ...
- JUMPER | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- What's the difference between a jumper, a pullover, and a sweater ...
- JUMPER CABLES | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- PUDDLE JUMPER English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
1. Jumper definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
A jumper is a sleeveless dress that is worn over a blouse or sweater. [US] regional note: in BRIT, use pinafore. She wore a checkered ...
2. Jumper | Definition of Jumper by Merriam-Webster
Jumper definition is - a person who jumps. ... probably from English dialect jump jumper ... Britannica English: Translation of jumper for Arabic Speakers ... Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and ...
3. Jumper (dress) - Wikipedia
A jumper or jumper dress (in American English), pinafore dress or informally pinafore or pinny (British English) is a sleeveless, collarless dress intended to be ...
4. jumper noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
jumper · . enlarge image · (North American English). (also pinafore, pinafore dress (especially in British English)) · a person, an animal or an insect that jumps.
5. JUMPER | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... jumper meaning: 1. a piece of clothing with long sleeves that is usually ... jumper noun [C] (CLOTHES). US. (UK pinafore). a dress that does not ...
6. Different Meanings of 'Jumper' (Transatlantic embarassment ...
Oct 24, 2012 ... Jumper seems to have appeared about the middle of the nineteenth century, originally for what the Oxford English Dictionary describes as “A ...
7. JUMPER | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... jumper | American Dictionary ... Br A jumper is a sweater. a person who can push himself or herself into the air using their legs and feet: To dunk a ...
8. What's the difference between a jumper, a pullover, and a sweater ...
There is a lot of regional variation on the meanings of these words. I am only familiar with US English and UK English, others can fill in the blanks: Jumper: In the ...
9. JUMPER CABLES | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Meaning of jumper cables in English ... /ˈdʒʌm.pə ˌkeɪ.bəlz/ us ... jumper cables | American Dictionary. jumper cables. plural noun. us.
10. PUDDLE JUMPER English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of PUDDLE JUMPER along with additional meanings, ... Translate puddle jumper into Spanish. noun. informal North American.
What types of garments are considered an American Jumper?
Any type of clothing such as a dress, blouse, or skirt can be considered an American Jumper as long as it has a tie-back closure which cinches the waist.
Does an American Jumper have pockets?
Not necessarily. It depends on the design and style of the garment; some may have pockets while others may not.
Is an American Jumper suitable for different occasions?
Yes, since it’s a classic piece of clothing it’s appropriate for different occasions such as formal events, casual outings, or day to day wear.
How do I style an American Jumper?
An American Jumper can be styled in many ways depending on your preferences – you could pair it with high-heeled boots or sneakers to create either a more formal or casual look. Additionally, you could accessorize with jewelry and scarfs to make your outfit stand out.
All in all, an American Jumper is a simple yet versatile piece of clothing that can be used for both formal and casual occasions. With its tie-back closure cinching the waistline and adding definition to your figure, this item will surely make you look stylish no matter where you go!