Jiu Jitsu is a Japanese martial art that focuses on grappling and ground fighting. It emphasizes the use of leverage, technique, and timing over pure strength or force. In the United States, it has become a popular form of self-defense for men, women and children alike.
Table Of Content:
- Jujitsu | Definition of Jujitsu by Merriam-Webster
- Brazilian jiu-jitsu - Wikipedia
- Jiujitsu | Definition of Jiujitsu by Merriam-Webster
- Jiujitsu definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- What is Jiu-Jitsu - Essential Jiu-Jitsu
- How to pronounce JIUJITSU in English
- JUJITSU (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
- JIUJITSU | Pronunciation in English
- jujutsu - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- JIUJITSU | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
1. Jujitsu | Definition of Jujitsu by Merriam-Webster
Jujitsu definition is - an art of weaponless fighting employing holds, throws, and ... See the full definition for jujitsu in the English Language Learners Dictionary ... Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and ...
2. Brazilian jiu-jitsu - Wikipedia
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is a martial art and combat sport based on ground fighting (ne- waza) and ... This position was popularized by American BJJ Black Belt, Jeff Glover. ... Jiu-Jitsu." 2018/9/20; ^ Jump up to: "Rule Book : English Version". Ibjjf. org.
3. Jiujitsu | Definition of Jiujitsu by Merriam-Webster
Jiujitsu definition is - an art of weaponless fighting employing holds, throws, and ... Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions ...
4. Jiujitsu definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
jiujitsu in American English. (dʒuˈdʒɪtˌsu ). noun. var. of. jujitsu. : also jiuˈjutˌsu (dʒuˈdʒʌtsu ; dʒuˈdʒʊtsu ). Webster's New World College Dictionary, ...
5. What is Jiu-Jitsu - Essential Jiu-Jitsu
The word “jiu jitsu” derives from the Japanese “Jū” meaning “gentle” and ... from the import of Japanese jiu jitsu and judo to the South American continent in the ...
6. How to pronounce JIUJITSU in English
5 days ago ... Listen to the audio pronunciation in the Cambridge English Dictionary. Learn more. ... us. How to pronounce jiujitsu noun in American English ...
7. JUJITSU (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
Definition and synonyms of jujitsu from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English definition of jujitsu.View American ...
8. JIUJITSU | Pronunciation in English
Listen to the audio pronunciation in English. ... How to pronounce jiujitsu noun in American English. (English pronunciations of jiujitsu from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus and ... What is the definition of jiujitsu?
9. jujutsu - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
Sportjujitsu. WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English © 2021. ju•jit•su / ...
10. JIUJITSU | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... jiujitsu definition: 1. → jujitsu 2. → jujitsu. Learn more.
What is American Jiu Jitsu?
American Jiu Jitsu is an adaptation of the traditional Japanese martial art which focuses on the safe application of techniques in a practical way. It usually involves some aspects of sport BJJ (Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) but applied in a more realistic self-defense context.
How is American Jiu Jitsu different from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu?
While there are similarities between the two disciplines, American Jiu Jitsu differs from Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as it primarily focuses on self-defense tactics while Brazilian Jiu Jutsu focuses more on competitive competition with an emphasis on rules and points rather than defending against real-life attacks.
What are the benefits of learning American Jiu Jitsu?
There are many physical benefits such as improved balance, coordination, cardiovascular health, strength and agility. Additionally, it helps promote mental discipline which can be useful day-to-day activities such as stress relief and focus.
American Jiu _Jirutsu_ is a great way to improve your overall physical health while learning invaluable self-defense skills that could prove useful someday down the line. Whether you choose to train in a gym or at home with videos or books, there's no doubt that taking part in this versatile martial art will benefit you in numerous ways!