American hybrid is a term used to describe a variety of plants or fruits that are produced from two different parent species and have been developed through cross-breeding. This type of breeding has been used in the United States since the early 1800s, and hybridization has become increasingly popular over time due to the increased hardiness and improved yields of hybrid crops.
Table Of Content:
- HYBRID | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- HYBRID English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- Hybrid | Definition of Hybrid by Merriam-Webster
- hybrid noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
- Hybrid definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Mulatto - Wikipedia
- Hybrid Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Hybrid warfare - Wikipedia
- Financial Terms Dictionary
- Mestizo - Wikipedia
1. HYBRID | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... US automakers are wrestling with how much to invest in hybrid gas-electric cars. (Definition of hybrid from the Cambridge Academic Content ...
2. HYBRID English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of HYBRID along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
3. Hybrid | Definition of Hybrid by Merriam-Webster
Jul 28, 2021 ... Hybrid definition is - an offspring of two animals or plants of different subspecies, breeds, varieties, species, or genera. ... Send us feedback. ... See the full definition for hybrid in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
4. hybrid noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
Definition of hybrid noun in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms and ...
5. Hybrid definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
hybrid in American English · 1. the offspring of two animals or plants of different breeds, varieties, species, or genera, esp. · 2. a person or group of persons ...
6. Mulatto - Wikipedia
Mulatto is a racial classification to refer to people of mixed African and European ancestry. ... The Oxford English Dictionary defined mulatto as "one who is the offspring of a European and a Black". This earliest ... Africans were transported by Portuguese slave traders to Spanish America starting in the early 16th century.
7. Hybrid Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
hybrid · OPPOSITES FOR hybrid · Origin of hybrid · synonym study for hybrid · Words nearby hybrid · Words related to hybrid · How to use hybrid in a sentence · British ...
8. Hybrid warfare - Wikipedia
Hybrid warfare is a theory of military strategy, first proposed by Frank Hoffman, which employs ... The Chief of Staff of the US Army defined a hybrid threat in 2008 as an adversary that ... is misleading since Russia has its own definitions and concepts: "the word 'hybrid' is catchy since it can represent a mix of anything.
9. Financial Terms Dictionary
Investopedia's comprehensive financial terms dictionary with over 13000 finance and investment definitions.
10. Mestizo - Wikipedia
Mestizo is a racial classification used to refer to a person of a combined European and ... In some Latin American countries, such as Mexico, the concept of the mestizo became central to the formation of a new independent identity ... The Spanish word mestizo is from Latin mixticius, meaning mixed. ... "Are Mestizos Hybrids?
In conclusion, hybridizing has become an important tool for improving farming yields throughout the US by producing hardier plants with higher yields than their single species counterparts without sacrificing too much genetic diversity if managed properly .