Adoption is a legal action that is taken when someone chooses to formally and permanently take responsibility for another person or cause. The term is mostly used in relation to the adoption of children, but it can also be used in the context of adopting an animal, changing an existing policy, or even adopting a new way of thinking.
Table Of Content:
- Adopt | Definition of Adopt by Merriam-Webster
- Adopt Meaning | Best 20 Definitions of Adopt
- Adoption | Definition of Adoption by Merriam-Webster
- Adoption Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Adopted | Definition of Adopted by Merriam-Webster
- Adopt definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Adopted Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Use adopt in a sentence | The best 439 adopt sentence examples
- ADOPT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- adopt vs. adapt : Choose Your Words : Vocabulary.com
1. Adopt | Definition of Adopt by Merriam-Webster
Adopt definition is - to take by choice into a relationship; especially : to take ... Words from adopt Synonyms Choose the Right Synonym More Example Sentences ... See the full definition for adopt in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. Adopt Meaning | Best 20 Definitions of Adopt
Adopt meaning. ə-dŏpt. Filters (0). Words form: adopted adopting adopts. See word origin ... Adopt a new line of English textbooks. ... The definition of adopt is to willingly take one into a relationship, particularly in ... Adopt Sentence Examples.
3. Adoption | Definition of Adoption by Merriam-Webster
Examples of adoption in a Sentence. the company wants to speed up its adoption of new technology. Our adoption of local customs has gone slowly.
4. Adoption Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Adoption definition, the act or process of establishing a legal relationship between ... First recorded in 1300–50; Middle English adopcioun, from Latin adoptiōn-, ...
5. Adopted | Definition of Adopted by Merriam-Webster
Adopted definition is - having been adopted: such as. ... Examples of adopted in a Sentence ... Britannica English: Translation of adopted for Arabic Speakers ...
6. Adopt definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Adopt definition: If you adopt a new attitude , plan, or way of behaving , you begin to have it. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
7. Adopted Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Adopted definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with ... having been adoptedan adopted child Compare adoptive ... Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 2012 Digital Edition ... How to use adopted in a sentence.
8. Use adopt in a sentence | The best 439 adopt sentence examples
In the important matter of foreign relations Habibullah showed a determination to adopt the policy of his father, to whom the British government had given an ...
9. ADOPT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... adopt verb (TAKE INTO HOME) ... to legally take another person's child into your own family and take care of him or her as your own child: They've ...
10. adopt vs. adapt : Choose Your Words : Vocabulary.com
Adopt means to take on as one's own, like an idea, an attitude, or behavior, or even, of course, ... One wonderful thing the English language can do is adapt.
Adoption is an act that carries with it great responsibility; no matter what is being adopted—from people to policies—it requires hard work and commitment from those involved in order for the adoption process to be successful and ensure the best possible outcome for all parties involved long-term.