Acclaim is when a person or group of people vocally express their enthusiastic praise for someone or something. It usually comes in the form of accolades, awards, or an excited reaction to a particular individual or idea. In some cases, acclaim may come simply from agreement and acceptance.
Table Of Content:
- 76 Synonyms & Antonyms for ACCLAIM | Thesaurus.com
- Acclaim Synonyms, Acclaim Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- 5 Synonyms & Antonyms for ACCLAIMED | Thesaurus.com
- Acclaim | Definition of Acclaim by Merriam-Webster
- Acclaim Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
- Acclaim Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Acclaim definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- ACCLAIM | Synonyms of ACCLAIM by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
- ACCLAIM | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Acclaim synonyms | Best 63 synonyms for acclaim
1. 76 Synonyms & Antonyms for ACCLAIM | Thesaurus.com
synonyms for acclaim · acclamation · applause · commendation · kudos · praise · rave · recognition · acknowledgment ...
2. Acclaim Synonyms, Acclaim Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
Synonyms of acclaim · accolade, · applause, · bay(s), · credit, · distinction, · glory, · homage, · honor, ...
3. 5 Synonyms & Antonyms for ACCLAIMED | Thesaurus.com
Find 5 ways to say ACCLAIMED, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at ... See definition of acclaimed on Dictionary.com. adj. praised ...
4. Acclaim | Definition of Acclaim by Merriam-Webster
Jul 6, 2021 ... See the full definition for acclaim in the English Language Learners Dictionary. acclaim. verb. ac·claim | \ ə-ˈklām \. acclaimed; acclaiming ...
5. Acclaim Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
acclaim, acclamation, plaudits, plaudit, eclatverb. enthusiastic approval · acclaim, hail, heraldverb. praise vociferously · applaud, clap, spat, acclaimverb. clap one's ...
6. Acclaim Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Acclaim definition, to welcome or salute with shouts or sounds of joy and approval; applaud: to acclaim the conquering heroes. See more.
7. Acclaim definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Acclaim definition: If someone or something is acclaimed , they are praised enthusiastically. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
8. ACCLAIM | Synonyms of ACCLAIM by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
What is the meaning of ACCLAIM? How do you use ACCLAIM in a sentence? What are synonyms for ACCLAIM? ... Synonyms of acclaim in English: ...
9. ACCLAIM | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
acclaim noun [U] (PRAISE) ... enthusiastic approval and praise: Despite critical acclaim, the TV show always ran third in the ratings.
10. Acclaim synonyms | Best 63 synonyms for acclaim
The best 63 synonyms for acclaim, including: commend, celebrate, praise, extol, See syn. study at, applaud, approve, shout, disapproval, approval, recognition ...
What is the definition of acclaim?
Acclaim is when a person or group of people vocally express their enthusiastic support for someone or something.
How might one demonstrate acclaim?
One might demonstrate acclaim through verbal expression, accolades, awards, and/or an excited reaction to certain individuals or ideas.
Can acclaim be shown silently?
Yes, silent acclaim can also be seen as agreement and acceptance.
Acclaim is typically used to recognize excellence and success, with it being both loud and visible for everyone to see. Whether vocally expressed or silent acknowledgement, it shows appreciation for those who have worked hard to obtain such recognition.