The definition of "abode" is a place where a person or object lives and resides. This word can refer to both physical and metaphorical spaces, such as houses and homes as well as feelings and states of being.
Table Of Content:
- Abode | Definition of Abode by Merriam-Webster
- Abode Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Abode definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Adobe | Definition of Adobe by Merriam-Webster
- Abode Meaning | Best 13 Definitions of Abode
- Abode: In a Sentence – WORDS IN A SENTENCE
- Use abode in a sentence | The best 198 abode sentence examples
- Dwelling Meaning | Best 5 Definitions of Dwelling
- MY HUMBLE ABODE English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- ABODE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
1. Abode | Definition of Abode by Merriam-Webster
7 days ago ... How to use abode in a sentence. ... Examples of abode in a Sentence ... abode, from bade, bode "stay, delay" (going back to Old English bād ...
2. Abode Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Abode definition, a place in which a person resides; residence; dwelling; habitation; home. See more. ... Origin of abode. 1. 1200–50; Middle English abood a waiting, delay, stay; akin to abide ... How to use abode in a sentence. Yet many ...
3. Abode definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary. ... Examples of 'abode' in a sentence. abode. These examples have been automatically selected and may contain ...
4. Adobe | Definition of Adobe by Merriam-Webster
Jul 25, 2021 ... Adobe definition is - a brick or building material of sun-dried earth and straw. How to use ... Examples of adobe in a Sentence. The house was ...
5. Abode Meaning | Best 13 Definitions of Abode
The definition of an abode is a residence or a place where a person lives or stays for ... From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
6. Abode: In a Sentence – WORDS IN A SENTENCE
Definition of Abode. the place where one resides or lives. Examples of Abode in a sentence. 1. Lacking a physical abode, the homeless man slept in the park.
7. Use abode in a sentence | The best 198 abode sentence examples
How to use abode in a sentence. Example sentences with the word abode. The most voted sentence example for abode is Huygens had before this time f...
8. Dwelling Meaning | Best 5 Definitions of Dwelling
Dwelling Sentence Examples · It was a waste of time dwelling on a future she didn't have. · There was no point dwelling on it. · Leyon followed, and Mansr took her ...
9. MY HUMBLE ABODE English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of MY HUMBLE ABODE along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
10. ABODE | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... abode meaning: 1. the place where someone lives: 2. the place where someone lives: 3. the ... SMART Vocabulary: related words and phrases ... Improve your vocabulary with English Vocabulary in Use from Cambridge.
What is the definition of an abode?
An abode is a place in which a person or thing dwells.
Can abodes refer to more than just physical places?
Yes, an abode can also refer to more abstract concepts like feelings and states of being.
What type of places are considered abodes?
Anyplace where someone or something resides can be considered an abode, such as homes, apartments, houses, feelings, etc.
Does the term ‘abode’ have any other connotations?
Yes, the word ‘abode’ can also mean a temporary residence or dwelling place; it does not have to be one’s permanent home.
In conclusion, an abode is a dwelling place for either people or things, with some places having an abstract nature such as feelings and states of being. It can denote both permanent and temporary residences depending on context.