A synonym for mitral valve is "bicuspid valve". This terminology generally refers to the two-leafed or bicuspid configuration of a valve located in the heart typically between the left atrium and the left ventricle. The term “mitral” is commonly used interchangeably with “bicuspid” due to this anatomical similarity.
Table Of Content:
- Mitral valve - definition of mitral valve by The Free Dictionary
- Mitral valve synonyms, mitral valve antonyms - FreeThesaurus.com
- Mitral Stenosis Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical ...
- 117 Synonyms & Antonyms for HEART | Thesaurus.com
- mitral valve - Meaning in English
- Mitral valve: Synonyms in English
- mitral valve cusps translation in English | German-English dictionary ...
- mitral valve in Konkani mitral valve meaning | KHANDBAHALE.COM
- mitral valve - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
- mitral valve in Marathi mitral valve meaning | KHANDBAHALE.COM
1. Mitral valve - definition of mitral valve by The Free Dictionary
Define mitral valve. mitral valve synonyms, mitral valve pronunciation, mitral valve translation, English dictionary definition of mitral valve. n. A valve of the heart, ...
2. Mitral valve synonyms, mitral valve antonyms - FreeThesaurus.com
2 synonyms for mitral valve: bicuspid valve, left atrioventricular valve. ... Related to mitral valve: mitral valve prolapse, mitral valve stenosis, pulmonary valve, aortic valve ... Degenerative mitral valve disease was defined as a disease including fibroelastic ... All content on this website, including dictionary, thesaurus , literature, ...
3. Mitral Stenosis Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical ...
Medical definition of mitral stenosis: a condition usually the result of disease in which the mitral valve is abnormally narrow. ... Merriam-Webster.com Medical Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, ... UNABRIDGED DICTIONARY · BRITANNICA ENGLISH - ARABIC TRANSLATION · NGLISH - SPANISH-ENGLISH TRANSLATION.
4. 117 Synonyms & Antonyms for HEART | Thesaurus.com
Find 117 ways to say HEART, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the ... See definition of heart on Dictionary.com.
5. mitral valve - Meaning in English
Definitions and Meaning of mitral valve in English. mitral valve. noun. valve with two cusps; situated between the left atrium and the left ventricle. Synonyms: ...
6. Mitral valve: Synonyms in English
Related Definitions for "mitral valve": valve with two cusps; situated between the left atrium and the left ventricle1. Related Synonyms ...
7. mitral valve cusps translation in English | German-English dictionary ...
mitral valve cusps translation in German - English Reverso dictionary, see also ' Mitra',Militär',Military',mit', examples, definition, conjugation.
8. mitral valve in Konkani mitral valve meaning | KHANDBAHALE.COM
Click to see meaning, synonym, antonym for word mitral valve. ... mitral valve | Konkani dictionary translates English to Konkani and Konkani to English mitral ...
9. mitral valve - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
mitral valve - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions.
10. mitral valve in Marathi mitral valve meaning | KHANDBAHALE.COM
Click to see meaning, synonym, antonym for word mitral valve. ... mitral valve | Marathi dictionary translates English to Marathi and Marathi to English mitral valve ...
What type of valve is a mitral valve?
A mitral valve, also known as a bicuspid valve, is a heart valve located between the left atrium and left ventricle. It has two leaflets that open and close to regulate blood flow through the heart.
What does it mean if I have a bicuspid aortic valve?
If you have a bicuspid aortic valve, it means that instead of having three leaflets forming your aortic valve, you have two leaflets forming the same structure. This can cause problems with blood flow and may require surgery or medications to manage the symptoms associated with it.
Mitral Valve Disorders can include regurgitation (also called insufficiency), stenosis, prolapse, and occlusion. Symptoms associated with these disorders can range from chest pain to shortness of breath and fatigue.
The terms “mitral” and “bicuspid” are often used interchangeably when referring to valves located between the left atrium and left ventricle in the heart. This type of valve opens and closes in order to allow for proper flow of blood through it during different phases of cardiac contraction. Mitral and bicuspid valves can be affected by various disorders which can lead to improper functioning or even blockage of blood flow if not treated adequately.