A suit that fits is an expression used to describe a style of clothing and the process of having it tailored or adjusted to an individual’s size and shape. The term often implies that clothes should be tailored correctly so they look great, feel comfortable, and match one’s body type.
Table Of Content:
- Fit | Definition of Fit by Merriam-Webster
- Fit or suit ? - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
- Definition of if the shoe fits
- FIT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Fits - definition of fits by The Free Dictionary
- Fit Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Fit - Definition for English-Language Learners from Merriam ...
- fit - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
- Conniption Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Fit definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
1. Fit | Definition of Fit by Merriam-Webster
Fit definition is - acceptable from a particular viewpoint (as of competence or morality) ... the specifications of something to be worn by The tailor fitted him for a new suit. ... See the full definition for fit in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. Fit or suit ? - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
5 days ago ... Fit or suit ? - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary.
3. Definition of if the shoe fits
If the shoe fits definition is - —used to say that something said or suggested about a person is true and ... Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary, Merriam-Webster, ...
4. FIT | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... fit definition: 1. to be the right size or shape for someone or something: 2. to ... Meaning of fit in English ... The dress fits like a glove (= very well).
5. Fits - definition of fits by The Free Dictionary
That dress fits you perfectly. He was wearing pyjamas which did not fit him. In British English, the past tense form of fit is fitted. In American ...
6. Fit Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
a division of a song, ballad, or story. Origin of fit. 3. First recorded before 900; Middle English; Old English fitt ...
7. Fit - Definition for English-Language Learners from Merriam ...
Definition of fit written for English Language Learners from the ... Dictionary with audio pronunciations, usage examples, and count/noncount noun labels. ... the way something fits : the way something suits the size and shape of your body or ...
8. fit - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
"Don't have a fit about it!" someone might snap at you. Chances are you're making a fuss and acting out, characteristics that precisely fit or match what having a ...
9. Conniption Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Conniption definition, a fit of hysterical excitement or anger. See more. ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Related Content; Examples; British; Idioms And Phrases ...
10. Fit definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Fit definition: If something fits , it is the right size and shape to go onto a person's body or onto a... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
How do I find a suit that fits?
Depending on your budget, you can purchase suits pre-made from stores or have them custom made by a tailor. When shopping for ready-made suits, ensure you get the best fit possible by measuring yourself using a tape measure and trying several different styles on in store before making a selection. If you plan on having a suit made for you, it is important to take detailed measurements of your body and discuss your preferences with the tailor before the garment is created.
What are some tips for ensuring a great fit when wearing a suit?
Start with well-fitted shoulders – these should sit straight across your shoulder blades without bunching up or pulling down. The jacket should hit the top of your backside and flare slightly over your lower half while still allowing you to move freely in it. The trousers should follow the lines of your legs while maintaining slight ease. Lastly, make sure all hems are properly finished and there are no visible wrinkles in any areas.
What are some factors to consider when getting a suit tailored?
There are several things to take into account when getting a suit tailored; these include fabric quality, pattern matching, desired silhouette/style, pocket placement, waist suppression (to give men’s pants more shape), as well as sleeve length and torso length adjustments (to achieve better proportion). Be sure to communicate all of your specifications to the tailor prior to having him/her begin work.
A suit that fits perfectly is essential for looking stylish and feeling confident whether one is attending an important business meeting or attending any other event. By keeping the above advice in mind when shopping for or tailoring suits, one can look their best at all times!