A head of hair is an essential part of human physical appearance, and has many functions. It helps protect the scalp from environmental elements such as ultraviolet rays, cold temperatures and dust particles. Hair also contributes to one's self-esteem, style and overall appearance.
Table Of Content:
- Towhead | Definition of Towhead by Merriam-Webster
- Bald Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Hair | Definition of Hair by Merriam-Webster
- Tonsure Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Head of hair definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- A FULL, GOOD, THICK, ETC. HEAD OF HAIR | meaning in the ...
- A LOCK OF HAIR (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
- Hair definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Alopecia areata: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
- Hair of the dog - Wikipedia
1. Towhead | Definition of Towhead by Merriam-Webster
Towhead definition is - a head of hair resembling tow especially in being ... See the full definition for towhead in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. Bald Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Bald definition, having little or no hair on the scalp: a bald head; a bald person. ... 1250–1300; Middle English ball(e)d, equivalent to ball white spot (compare ...
3. Hair | Definition of Hair by Merriam-Webster
Hair definition is - a slender threadlike outgrowth of the epidermis of an animal; ... of an animal or a body part especially : the coating of hairs on a human head ... See the full definition for hair in the English Language Learners Dictionary. hair.
4. Tonsure Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Tonsure definition, the act of cutting the hair or shaving the head. ... 1350–1400; Middle English
5. Head of hair definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Head of hair definition: Your hair is the fine threads that grow in a mass on your head. [...] | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
6. A FULL, GOOD, THICK, ETC. HEAD OF HAIR | meaning in the ...
4 days ago ... a full, good, thick, etc. head of hair definition: 1. a lot of hair: 2. a lot of hair: . Learn more.
7. A LOCK OF HAIR (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
a small piece of hair from someone's head. She cut off a ... Definition and synonyms of a lock of hair from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education.
8. Hair definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Hair definition: Your hair is the fine threads that grow in a mass on your head. | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
9. Alopecia areata: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
Sometimes, it can lead to the complete loss of hair on the scalp (alopecia ... Use headwear such as hats, wigs, and scarves to protect the head from the sun or ...
10. Hair of the dog - Wikipedia
"Hair of the dog", short for "Hair of the dog that bit you", is a colloquial expression in the English ... Ebenezer Cobham Brewer writes in the Dictionary of Phrase and Fable ... In Norwegian, it is usually called "repareringspils", meaning a "beer to repair", and in Estonia, "peaparandus", which literally translated is "head-repair".
What are the primary components of a head of hair?
The primary components of a head of hair are thick, flexible strands that are composed primarily of protein called keratin.
How does a head of hair help protect the scalp?
A head of hair helps protect the scalp against environmental elements such as ultraviolet rays, cold temperatures and dust particles.
What roles does a person's head of hair have in terms of their self-esteem?
A person's head of hair can have a significant influence on their self-esteem. It is not only important for overall physical appearance but can also be used to express one's individual style or personality.
In summary, a head of hair is made up primarily by protein called keratin and plays an important role in both physical protection and in terms of self-esteem. Therefore, it is important to take care when styling or treating one's own hair in order to maintain its health and appearance.