Head of the curve is a phrase that refers to the state of being ahead or advanced compared to others in some aspect or area. It can be used to describe someone who is ahead of their peers and competitors when it comes to knowledge, skills, wealth, or any other area of life. The phrase is often used as a compliment for someone who has managed to stay one step ahead by having an edge over everyone else.
Table Of Content:
- Curve | Definition of Curve by Merriam-Webster
- Curve Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Definition of Ahead Of The Curve by Merriam-Webster
- Throw someone a curve ball definition and meaning | Collins ...
- BE AHEAD OF THE CURVE | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
- Ahead of the curve definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Fitted curve - definition of fitted curve by The Free Dictionary
- Characteristic curve definition and meaning | Collins English ...
- Ahead of the curve - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
- Curve definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
1. Curve | Definition of Curve by Merriam-Webster
Curve definition is - bent or formed into a curve. How to use curve in a ... See the full definition for curve in the English Language Learners Dictionary. curve. verb.
2. Curve Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
British Dictionary definitions for curve · a continuously bending line that has no straight parts · something that curves or is curved, such as a bend in a road or the ...
3. Definition of Ahead Of The Curve by Merriam-Webster
Learn a new word every day. Delivered to your inbox! OTHER MERRIAM- WEBSTER DICTIONARIES. LEARNER'S ESL DICTIONARY · VISUAL DICTIONARY ...
4. Throw someone a curve ball definition and meaning | Collins ...
At the last minute, I threw them a curve ball by saying, "We're going to bring spouses." See full dictionary entry for curve. COBUILD Advanced English Dictionary.
5. BE AHEAD OF THE CURVE | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
4 days ago ... be ahead of the curve definition: 1. to be one of the first to change to a new idea or way of doing something that later becomes…. Learn more.
6. Ahead of the curve definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Examples of 'ahead of the curve' in a sentence. ahead of the curve ... These examples have been automatically selected and may contain sensitive content. Read ...
7. Fitted curve - definition of fitted curve by The Free Dictionary
Define fitted curve. fitted curve synonyms, fitted curve pronunciation, fitted curve translation, English dictionary definition of fitted curve. n. 1. a. A line that deviates ...
8. Characteristic curve definition and meaning | Collins English ...
Characteristic curve definition: a graph of the density of a particular photographic material plotted against the... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
9. Ahead of the curve - Idioms by The Free Dictionary
ahead of/behind the ˈcurve. (especially American English, business) in advance of or behind a particular trend: Our expert advice will help you stay ahead of ...
10. Curve definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Curve definition: A curve is a smooth , gradually bending line, for example part of the edge of a circle . | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
What does head of the curve mean?
Head of the curve is a phrase that refers to the state of being ahead or advanced compared to others in some aspect or area.
How does someone stay head of the curve?
To stay head of the curve, one must continually strive for knowledge, practice new skills, take advantage of opportunities, and outwork their competition. Developing creative strategies and building strong relationships are also important components that can help keep one at the top of their game.
What are some examples of staying head of the curve?
Examples include studying hard in school and obtaining higher grades than your peers on tests; investing wisely in stocks and other financial instruments; networking with influential people; developing creative solutions to problems before anyone else; and consistently striving towards personal growth.
What advantages come from being head of the curve?
Being head of the curve gives one an edge over everyone else as they are more knowledgeable, skilled and advanced than their peers or competition. This can lead to greater success in both personal and professional matters due to improved self confidence, increased respect from others, and better job opportunities.
Head of the curve is a phrase that describes those who have managed to remain advanced compared to others in some aspect or area through dedication and hard work. By taking advantage opportunities early on, someone can gain an edge over their peers or competition which may eventually lead them towards greater success over time.