The term ‘eponymous’ is derived from the Greek word ‘eponymos’, which translates to “giving one’s name”. In simpler words, it refers to something or someone being named after a person or thing.
Table Of Content:
- English Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings & Definitions
- Dictionary.com | Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
- English | Definition of English by Merriam-Webster
- English dictionary Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- Definitions, Meanings, Synonyms, and Grammar by Oxford ...
- English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
- Noun | Definition of Noun by Merriam-Webster
- Definitions, Translations, Example ... - Collins English Dictionary
1. English Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
English definition, of, relating to, or characteristic of England or its inhabitants, institutions, etc. See more.
2. Cambridge English Dictionary: Meanings & Definitions
The most popular dictionary and thesaurus. Meanings & definitions of words in English with examples, synonyms, pronunciations and translations.
3. Dictionary.com | Meanings and Definitions of Words at Dictionary.com
Dictionary.com is the world's leading online source for English definitions, synonyms, word origins and etymologies, audio pronunciations, example sentences, ...
4. English | Definition of English by Merriam-Webster
English definition is - of, relating to, or characteristic of England, the English people, or the English language. How to use English in a sentence.
5. English dictionary Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
English dictionary definition, a dictionary in which most of the entry words and all of their definitions, as well as supplementary material, are in English; ...
6. WordReference.com Dictionary of English
The English Dictionary. WordReference is proud to offer two English dictionaries --the WordReference Random House Learner's Dictionary of American English ...
7. Definitions, Meanings, Synonyms, and Grammar by Oxford ...
Lexico is a collaboration with Oxford Dictionary hosted by Dictionary.com offering definitions, meanings, and grammar in both English and Spanish. Translate ...
8. English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
Spanish-English Dictionary. Type a word in the search box above to find its translation. WordReference has two dictionaries, a Spanish verb conjugator and ...
9. Noun | Definition of Noun by Merriam-Webster
What is a noun? ... Nouns make up the largest class of words in most languages, including English. A noun is a word that refers to a thing (book), a person (Betty ...
10. Definitions, Translations, Example ... - Collins English Dictionary
Jul 21, 2021 ... Trusted free online English Dictionary from Collins. Authoritative, reliable and up- to-date content for English word reference, with images, ...
In conclusion, eponymous is a word that describes someone or something that has taken on another person's name as its own title or identity. It comes from Greek and may also be referred to with other related words such as titled and namesake.