In computing, a pipe is a form of input/output redirection between the standard output of one command to the standard input of another. Pipes allow commands such as programs and applications to communicate with one another and make data transfer between them easier.
Table Of Content:
- Pipe Up | Definition of Pipe Up by Merriam-Webster
- PIPE UP | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Pipe Down | Definition of Pipe Down by Merriam-Webster
- Pipe up Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Pipe | Definition of Pipe by Merriam-Webster
- Pipe Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Water Pipe | Definition of Water Pipe by Merriam-Webster
- Pipe up definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Pipe up - definition of pipe up by The Free Dictionary
- PIPE UP (phrasal verb) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
1. Pipe Up | Definition of Pipe Up by Merriam-Webster
Pipe up definition is - speak up. How to use pipe up in a sentence.
2. PIPE UP | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... to speak suddenly, esp. in an excited way: "I'll bet you dropped it," Cherry piped up.
3. Pipe Down | Definition of Pipe Down by Merriam-Webster
Statistics for pipe down. Look-up Popularity. Cite this Entry. “Pipe down.” Merriam-Webster.com Dictionary ...
4. Pipe up Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Pipe up definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, ... to commence singing or playing a musical instrumentthe band piped up.
5. Pipe | Definition of Pipe by Merriam-Webster
Pipe definition is - a tubular wind instrument; specifically : a small fipple flute held in ... Britannica English: Translation of pipe for Arabic Speakers.
6. Pipe Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
before 1000; (noun) Middle English, Old English pīpe musical pipe, tube (cognate with Dutch pijp,Low German pīpe,German Pfeife,Old Norse pīpa)
7. Water Pipe | Definition of Water Pipe by Merriam-Webster
Water pipe definition is - a pipe for conveying water. ... See the full definition for water pipe in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
8. Pipe up definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Pipe up definition: If someone who has been silent for a while pipes up , they say something, especially... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
9. Pipe up - definition of pipe up by The Free Dictionary
(Music, other) to commence singing or playing a musical instrument: the band piped up. 2. to speak up, esp in a shrill voice. Collins English Dictionary – ...
10. PIPE UP (phrasal verb) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
pipe up Definitions and Synonyms ... Definition and synonyms of pipe up from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English ...
What is an up-pipe?
An up-pipe is a type of pipe that sends data in an upward direction. It can be used to redirect the output from one source to another, such as from the standard output of one command to the standard input of another.
How do up-pipes work?
Up-pipes work by sending data in an upward direction, allowing multiple commands or programs to communicate with each other. They can be used for both input and output redirection and allow easier data transfer between them.
What are some common uses for up-pipes?
Up-pipes are commonly used in computing to facilitate communication between multiple commands and applications, making it easy to transfer data from one source to another. They can also be used for job control, such as opening a new terminal tab or running scripts in the background.
In conclusion, pipes are an important tool in computing, allowing commands and applications to communicate with each other more easily by allowing for input/output redirection. Up-pipes are a type of pipe that sends data in an upward direction, making it easier to transfer data between different sources. They can be used for both input/output redirection as well as job control and other tasks.