Things that hold water refers to various objects that are able to contain or store liquid, usually water. These objects are typically used for practical purposes such as cleaning or drinking, but may also be used for decorative and artistic purposes as well.
Table Of Content:
- Hold water Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Hold water definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- HOLD WATER | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Ability | Definition of Ability by Merriam-Webster
- Dictionary of Water Terms
- Body of water - Wikipedia
- A - Z Water Words | Dictionary & Definitions - Water Corporation of WA
- not hold water - Longman Dictionary
- condensation | National Geographic Society
- Living things - Definition and Examples - Biology Online Dictionary
1. Hold water Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
ARE YOU A TRUE BLUE CHAMPION OF THESE "BLUE" SYNONYMS? We could talk until we're blue in the face about this quiz on words for the color "blue," but we ...
2. Hold water definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Hold water definition: If an argument or theory does not hold water , it does not seem to be reasonable or be in... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations ...
3. HOLD WATER | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
4 days ago ... If a reason, argument, or explanation holds water, it is true: Her alibi just didn't hold water. SMART Vocabulary: related words and phrases.
4. Ability | Definition of Ability by Merriam-Webster
4 days ago ... 1a : the quality or state of being able the ability of the soil to hold water especially : physical, mental, or legal power to do something ...
5. Dictionary of Water Terms
It is compiled from a number of sources and should not be considered an "official" U.S. Geological Survey water glossary. A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | K ...
6. Body of water - Wikipedia
Some bodies of water collect and move water, such as rivers and streams, and others primarily hold water, such as lakes and oceans. The term body of water ...
7. A - Z Water Words | Dictionary & Definitions - Water Corporation of WA
Looking to learn more about water for a school project? Learn the A to Z of water-related words & their definitions here using our dictionary.
8. not hold water - Longman Dictionary
not hold water meaning, definition, what is not hold water: if an excuse, a statement etc does not h...: Learn more.
9. condensation | National Geographic Society
Jan 21, 2011 ... The vapor condenses and becomes rain. Cold air holds less water vapor than warm air. This is why warm climates are often more humid than cold ...
10. Living things - Definition and Examples - Biology Online Dictionary
The term thing came from the Old English þing, meaning “entity”, “being”, “body”, or “matter”. Synonyms: organism; life form; creature. History. While Earth is ...
Whether you need a container for gardening, home decorating or simply quenching your thirst on a hot summer day - things that hold water certainly have their uses! From cups and bottles to buckets and basins – these vessels play an important role in our everyday lives so it’s good to understand which types work best in different situations.