A Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Public Administration degree provides students with the tools and knowledge to work in the public sector. It combines both business and management coursework with courses in political science, public policy, finance, economics, and law. Students learn to analyze policies, think critically about issues facing government organizations, and analyze difficult situations from a managerial perspective. By combining coursework from both the business world and public administration sector, MBA in Public Administration graduates are well-prepared to enter the public service field at any level.
Table Of Content:
- What Can I Do With a Public Administration MBA? - MBA Central
- MBA vs Master of Public Administration | mba.com
- Best Online MBA Programs Offering Public Administration
- MBA in Public Administration | Strayer University
- Online MBA | Public Administration Degree | Liberty University
- Master's in Public Administration Online | MBA | SNHU
- Top Online MBAs in Public Administration - 2022 Degree Info ...
- What is a Master's in Public Administration? | SNHU
- Online MBA in Public Administration Programs
- Masters in Business Administration (MBA) vs Masters of Public ...
1. What Can I Do With a Public Administration MBA? - MBA Central
A Public Administration MBA offers students the quintessential MBA curriculum, pairing it with courses on government, policy, analysis, and much more. You'll ...
2. MBA vs Master of Public Administration | mba.com
May 12, 2022 ... MBA students typically come from a background working in the private sector, while MPAs are more focused on the public sector. MPA students are ...
3. Best Online MBA Programs Offering Public Administration
Here are the online MBA programs offering public administration · University of North Carolina--Chapel Hill (Kenan-Flagler) · Pennsylvania State University--World ...
4. MBA in Public Administration | Strayer University
Public administration MBA program details ... Develop the skills to help you use the resources of local, state and federal governments efficiently, effectively ...
5. Online MBA | Public Administration Degree | Liberty University
Sep 2, 2022 ... Those who work in public administration focus on implementing government policy in a way that benefits society. In contrast, business ...
6. Master's in Public Administration Online | MBA | SNHU
Dec 1, 2022 ... “SNHU's MBA in Public Administration is significant and gains attention because it links theory to practice that helps students apply lessons ...
7. Top Online MBAs in Public Administration - 2022 Degree Info ...
Both degrees focus primarily on the public sector, whereas the more versatile MBA in public administration incorporates business courses that can qualify ...
8. What is a Master's in Public Administration? | SNHU
If you choose to earn a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in Public Administration, courses should expand on industry learning, give you a strong ...
9. Online MBA in Public Administration Programs
Although a public administration MBA prepares graduates for high-level positions in government, private businesses that work closely with public regulatory ...
10. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) vs Masters of Public ...
MBA programs prepare students for managerial positions at private companies and organizations. MPA programs prepare students for managerial positions in ...
What is covered in an MBA program in Public Administration?
The curriculum for an MBA in Public Administration program covers topics such as political science, public policy, finance, economics, and law. It also includes business-related topics such as management principles, accounting techniques and organization theory.
What types of career paths can I pursue with an MBA in Public Administration?
Common career paths for MBA in Public Administration graduates include roles such as budget analyst, city manager or chief of staff for an elected official. In addition to those positions, graduates may also consider careers within non-profit agencies or government consulting firms.
How long does it take to complete an MBA program in Public Administration?
Most programs require two years of full-time study to complete all requirements for the degree. Some universities offer accelerated programs where students can complete their MBA within one year.
Are there any specializations offered within this type of degree?
Yes. Specializations vary by school but may include areas such as healthcare administration or public policy analysis. Depending on which route is chosen by the student they could focus on a particular region or country as well.
Will I have access to opportunities outside of my local area?
Absolutely! Through internships/externships and online classes/programs you will be able to work on projects related to global issues that affect not only your community but regions outside your immediate area too.
An MBA in Public Administration provides students with a unique skill set that combines elements from both business and politics. With the knowledge gained through core coursework and possible specializations depending on which institution is attended can lead to numerous career possibilities at any level within the public service field.