Call of Duty is one of the most popular first-person shooter video games, with millions of players competing in online matches. It's a highly competitive environment and so it has its own terminology. Here we will explain some of the common terms used in Call of Duty for those new to the game.
Table Of Content:
- COD 101: Definitions of Common Call of Duty?: Modern Warfare ...
- In-Game Terms
- THE CALL OF DUTY (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
- Beyond The Call Of Duty | Definition of Beyond The Call Of Duty
- CALL OF DUTY | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- 47 Synonyms & Antonyms for CALL OF DUTY | Thesaurus.com
- Cod | Definition of Cod by Merriam-Webster
- Call of Duty Warzone slang terms & call-outs streamers use - Dexerto
- Cash on Delivery (COD) Definition
2. COD 101: Definitions of Common Call of Duty?: Modern Warfare ...
Oct 24, 2019 ... Confused about terminology in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? You won't be after reading this glossary!
3. In-Game Terms
Confused about terminology in Call of Duty®: Warzone™? This glossary covers some of the most common terms that appear within Warzone and in our guide.
4. THE CALL OF DUTY (phrase) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
Synonyms and related words. + ... Definition and synonyms of the call of duty from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British ...
5. Beyond The Call Of Duty | Definition of Beyond The Call Of Duty
Love words? Need even more definitions? Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Merriam- ...
6. CALL OF DUTY | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
6 days ago ... Meaning of call of duty in English ... the feeling that you should do something because it is your duty: For Anne, the call of duty was strong. These ...
7. 47 Synonyms & Antonyms for CALL OF DUTY | Thesaurus.com
Find 47 ways to say CALL OF DUTY, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at ... See definition of call of duty on Dictionary.com. as inline ...
8. Cod | Definition of Cod by Merriam-Webster
Cod definition is - any of various bottom-dwelling fishes (family Gadidae, the cod family) that usually occur in cold marine ... See more words from the same century ... See the full definition for cod in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
9. Call of Duty Warzone slang terms & call-outs streamers use - Dexerto
Oct 17, 2020 ... Chalk (v): as a verb, this means to “end” something. As an adjective, “chalked” would mean that something is over. You can say “let's chalk it” to ...
10. Cash on Delivery (COD) Definition
COD transactions appeal to consumers who do not have established credit or alternative means for paying for goods. Cash on Delivery vs. Cash in Advance. Cash ...
What does "Headshot" mean?
In Call of Duty, a headshot is when a player uses their weapon to shoot an enemy in their head. This will usually result in an instant kill and usually earns more points than shooting an enemy elsewhere on their body.
What is "Spawn Killing"?
Spawn killing is when a player kills another player repeatedly while they are trying to spawn or respawn after they die. This is considered unsportsmanlike behavior and can result in penalties or bans depending on the game rules.
What does "Camper" mean?
Camping is when a player positions themselves somewhere away from other players, often at advantageous positions where they can easily take out any enemies that come near them without putting themselves in danger. Because it makes it difficult for everyone else to progress, camping is not allowed in most official game servers and can result in penalties or bans if done too frequently.
These are just some of the common terms used by people playing Call of Duty but there are many more which you will learn as you play more matches. With practice, you too can soon become familiar with all the lingo!