Call barring is a feature available in many telephone services that can prevent certain types of calls from being made or received. It is often used to limit the type and amount of calls a user can make during any given period, which helps ensure the stability and uninterrupted operation of the phone system. By blocking certain incoming or outgoing numbers, it ensures that users cannot contact people they should not be able to contact, whether because they are listed on a "do-not-call" list, have asked not to receive such calls, or are otherwise restricted from contacting them.
Table Of Content:
- CALL BARRING | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Barring | Definition of Barring by Merriam-Webster
- CALL BARRING | Definition of CALL BARRING by Oxford Dictionary ...
- BARRING | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- outgoing call barring definition | English dictionary for learners ...
- How do I enable Call Barring on my Samsung Phone? | Samsung ...
- Call blocking - Wikipedia
- Barring - definition of barring by The Free Dictionary
- Unstructured Supplementary Service Data - Wikipedia
- Barring Meaning | Best 6 Definitions of Barring
1. CALL BARRING | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
6 days ago ... Meaning of call barring in English ... a phone service that allows users to stop receiving calls from particular numbers or stops someone from ...
2. Barring | Definition of Barring by Merriam-Webster
Barring definition is - excluding by exception : excepting. How to use ... See the full definition for barring in the English Language Learners Dictionary. barring.
3. CALL BARRING | Definition of CALL BARRING by Oxford Dictionary ...
A telephone service which restricts usage of a particular telephone line by preventing the connection of calls made from or to specified numbers or dialling codes ...
4. BARRING | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
6 days ago ... barring | American Dictionary ... except or unless a particular thing happens: We were assured that, barring unexpected developments, we would ...
5. outgoing call barring definition | English dictionary for learners ...
outgoing call barring definition in the English Cobuild dictionary for learners, outgoing call barring meaning explained, see also 'outgoings',outing',outpouring' ...
6. How do I enable Call Barring on my Samsung Phone? | Samsung ...
Jul 26, 2021 ... Call Barring allows you to stop incoming and outgoing calls on your Galaxy phone. It's perfect for when you're abroad or if you have a work and ...
7. Call blocking - Wikipedia
Call blocking, also known as call block, call screening, or call rejection, allows a telephone subscriber to block incoming calls from specific telephone numbers.
8. Barring - definition of barring by The Free Dictionary
Define barring. barring synonyms, barring pronunciation, barring translation, English dictionary definition of barring. prep. Apart from the occurrence of; ...
9. Unstructured Supplementary Service Data - Wikipedia
Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD), sometimes referred to as " quick codes" or ... When a user sends a message to the phone company network, it is received by a computer dedicated to USSD. The computer's ... 11 for voice; 13 for fax; 16 for SMS (only valid for barring); 25 for data;
10. Barring Meaning | Best 6 Definitions of Barring
What does barring mean? The definition of barring means unless there is something else. (preposition) An example of barring is saying “Unless th...
What types of calls can be barred?
Call barring can be used to prevent all incoming or outgoing calls, block specific numbers from being contacted, restrict international calls, and limit the number and duration of local calls made.
Is call barring reversible?
Yes, call barring features are typically reversible and can be reset with relative ease if desired.
Does call barring cost anything?
Generally no; most telephone providers include basic call barring services with their monthly plans free of charge. Depending on your level of service and provider you may incur additional charges for certain more advanced features.
Call barring is an important tool for ensuring the safety and security of phone lines by limiting access to potentially hazardous users. Equally important is its ability to help manage costs when making long distance or international calls. Most companies incorporate call barring as part of their basic package but more comprehensive options may require additional fees.