Coward A coward is a person who lacks courage in the face of danger or pain. Cowards are often seen as weak, afraid and unable to face adversity, such as a difficulty or threat.
Table Of Content:
- Heroic Synonyms, Heroic Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- Hero Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- 38 Synonyms & Antonyms for HEROIC | Thesaurus.com
- Protagonist | Definition of Protagonist by Merriam-Webster
- 5 Synonyms & Antonyms for HERO | Thesaurus.com
- HERO | Synonyms of HERO by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com ...
- 17 Synonyms & Antonyms for PROTAGONIST | Thesaurus.com
- COCKPIT | Definition of COCKPIT by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
- Hero synonyms | Best 109 synonyms for hero
- hero - Cambridge English Thesaurus with synonyms and examples
1. Heroic Synonyms, Heroic Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
86 synonyms of heroic from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 136 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for heroic.
2. Hero Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Hero definition, a person noted for courageous acts or nobility of character: He ... See synonyms for hero on Thesaurus.com ... First recorded in 1605–15; back formation from Middle English heroes (plural), ... Other definitions for hero (2 of 2) .
3. 38 Synonyms & Antonyms for HEROIC | Thesaurus.com
Find 38 ways to say HEROIC, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the ... See definition of heroic on Dictionary.com.
4. Protagonist | Definition of Protagonist by Merriam-Webster
Protagonist definition is - the principal character in a literary work (such as a drama or story). How to use ... Synonyms & Antonyms for protagonist. Synonyms ... See the full definition for protagonist in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
5. 5 Synonyms & Antonyms for HERO | Thesaurus.com
Find 5 ways to say HERO, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's ... See definition of hero on Dictionary. com.
6. HERO | Synonyms of HERO by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico.com ...
noun · 1'his father was a war hero'. SYNONYMS. brave man, champion, man of courage, great man, man of the hour, conquering hero, victor, winner, conqueror, ...
7. 17 Synonyms & Antonyms for PROTAGONIST | Thesaurus.com
Find 17 ways to say PROTAGONIST, along with antonyms, related words, and ... See definition of protagonist on Dictionary.com ... synonyms for protagonist.
8. COCKPIT | Definition of COCKPIT by Oxford Dictionary on Lexico ...
What is the meaning of COCKPIT? How do you use COCKPIT in a sentence? ... See synonyms for cockpit on Thesaurus.com. Translate cockpit into Spanish ...
9. Hero synonyms | Best 109 synonyms for hero
The best 109 synonyms for hero, including: brave man, courageous, god, great man, italian-sandwich, gallant, actor, heroic, ... The definition of a champion is a person who is the best in his field or who has defeated all rivals. ... A person of outstanding worth or importance ... Could You Pass a Basic English Grammar Test?
10. hero - Cambridge English Thesaurus with synonyms and examples
5 days ago ... hero - Synonyms, related words and examples | Cambridge English Thesaurus. ... Thesaurus: synonyms and antonyms of hero in English ...
What does it mean to be a coward?
To be a coward is to lack courage in the face of danger or pain. A coward may also be seen as someone who is weak, afraid and unable to face adversity.
Is being a coward always negative?
Not necessarily. A coward can also refer to someone who chooses not to put themselves in unnecessarily dangerous situations out of caution or wisdom - this can often be the better choice in many scenarios.
Are heroes and cowards opposites?
Yes, heroes and cowards are opposites; while heroes are usually seen as brave and courageous, cowards are usually seen as weak and afraid.
Can you be both a hero and a coward?
Yes, it is possible for one person to have both heroic and cowardly qualities; no one is perfect, after all!
How do you overcome fear of facing danger?
Overcoming fear of facing danger requires taking small steps towards your goal and building up your confidence bit by bit over time. It can also help to talk through your worries with supportive people such as friends or family members. Finally, remember that everyone feels scared sometimes - it's normal!
In summary, being described as a coward means that somebody lacks courage in the face of danger or pain; however this doesn't have to necessarily always be considered negative, depending on the context. Heroes and cowards are opposites - while heroes are typically viewed positively for their bravery and courage, cowards are often deemed weak due to their fearfulness. Although these two words may seem polar opposites it is possible for one individual to embody both heroic and cowardly qualities - humans are complex creatures after all! Ultimately fear of something can be challenged by taking small steps towards achieving it confidently over time with support from trusted people around you.