Electronic is a word used to describe anything that uses electricity or has parts that are controlled by a computer or electric signals. It is often used to refer to computers and other technological devices.
Table Of Content:
- 12 Synonyms & Antonyms for ELECTRONICS | Thesaurus.com
- Avatar | Definition of Avatar by Merriam-Webster
- 7 Synonyms & Antonyms for ELECTRONIC | Thesaurus.com
- Dictionary | Definition of Dictionary by Merriam-Webster
- Bias Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- What is another word for electronics? | Electronics Synonyms ...
- Electronic synonyms | Best 21 synonyms for electronic
- Glossary of Library Terms - Library Terminology - Research Guides ...
- What is another word for electronic? | Electronic Synonyms ...
- Glossary of dictionary terms
1. 12 Synonyms & Antonyms for ELECTRONICS | Thesaurus.com
Find 12 ways to say ELECTRONICS, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
2. Avatar | Definition of Avatar by Merriam-Webster
Avatar definition is - the incarnation of a Hindu deity (such as Vishnu). ... 4 : an electronic image that represents and may be manipulated by a ... Avatar derives from a Sanskrit word meaning "descent," and when it first appeared in English in the ... In the age of technology, avatar has developed another sense—it can now be ...
3. 7 Synonyms & Antonyms for ELECTRONIC | Thesaurus.com
Find 7 ways to say ELECTRONIC, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
4. Dictionary | Definition of Dictionary by Merriam-Webster
Dictionary definition is - a reference source in print or electronic form ... the words of one language and showing their meanings or translations in another language ... Famed for his dictionary, "Rambler" essays and The Lives of the English ...
5. Bias Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Bias definition, a particular tendency, trend, inclination, feeling, or opinion, ... See synonyms for bias on Thesaurus.com ... British Dictionary definitions for bias. bias ... electronics the voltage applied to an electronic device or system to establish ...
6. What is another word for electronics? | Electronics Synonyms ...
Find 46 synonyms for electronics and other similar words that you can use instead based on 4 separate contexts from our thesaurus.
7. Electronic synonyms | Best 21 synonyms for electronic
The best 21 synonyms for electronic, including: electric, photoelectric, autoelectronic, voltaic, ... For example, some photoelectric materials emit electrons called ...
8. Glossary of Library Terms - Library Terminology - Research Guides ...
Jun 22, 2020 ... All definitions are provided by the Association of College and Research ... Words in bold link to another word which is defined within the glossary. ... E-book (or Electronic book): "An electronic version of a book that can be read ...
9. What is another word for electronic? | Electronic Synonyms ...
Find more words! Another word for, Opposite of, Meaning of, Rhymes with, Sentences with, Find word forms, Pronounce, Translate from English, Translate to ...
10. Glossary of dictionary terms
derivative: a word that is formed from another word, for example an adverb that is ... e-dictionary: electronic dictionary – a dictionary whose data exists in ... The Oxford English Dictionary (OED) is the best-known historical dictionary of English .
What types of items can be considered electronic?
Electronic items typically include computers, smartphones, tablets, televisions, video game consoles, and other digital devices. These items use electricity and/or electrical components in order to function properly.
Are there non-electronic items that may use electricity?
Absolutely. Many household appliances such as microwaves, washing machines, refrigerators, and even some toys use electricity but aren't typically considered electronic.
How does the term "electronic" differ from the term "digital"?
The terms "electronic" and "digital" are often used interchangeably when referring to technology; however, electronic usually refers to anything with an electrical component or source of power (e.g., a computer), while digital usually refers more to data stored or exchanged electronically (e.g., music).
In conclusion, the term “electronic” can be used broadly to refer to any device powered by electricity or electrical components but also specifically for computing devices such as computers and smartphones. Non-electronic items such as appliances can also use electricity but are not typically referred to as electronic items. The term “digital” generally refers more specifically to data stored or exchanged electronically than general electronics do.