Chocolate is one of the most beloved treats in the world, and its name evokes feelings of comfort and joy. But did you know that there are plenty of other words used to refer to chocolate? Here, we'll explore some alternate names for chocolate and answer a few FAQs about this sweet treat.
Table Of Content:
- Chocolate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- 62 Synonyms & Antonyms for CHOCOLATE | Thesaurus.com
- Chocolate | Definition of Chocolate by Merriam-Webster
- 36 Synonyms & Antonyms for COCOA | Thesaurus.com
- 8 Words from Nahuatl, the Language of the Aztecs | Merriam-Webster
- What is another word for chocolate? | Chocolate Synonyms ...
- Liking Synonyms, Liking Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- Six of Roald Dahl's made-up words have been added to the Oxford ...
- Chocolate Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
- Spanish Translation of “chocolate” - Collins Dictionary
1. Chocolate Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
See synonyms for: chocolate / chocolates on Thesaurus.com ... from Spanish, from Nahuatl chocolātl, from chocol-, of unknown meaning (but perhaps from ...
2. 62 Synonyms & Antonyms for CHOCOLATE | Thesaurus.com
Find 62 ways to say CHOCOLATE, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
3. Chocolate | Definition of Chocolate by Merriam-Webster
Chocolate definition is - a beverage made by mixing chocolate with water or milk. ... Other Words from chocolate More Example Sentences Learn More About ... See the full definition for chocolate in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
4. 36 Synonyms & Antonyms for COCOA | Thesaurus.com
Find 36 ways to say COCOA, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
5. 8 Words from Nahuatl, the Language of the Aztecs | Merriam-Webster
Chocolate also came to English through Spanish, but has a different Nahuatl root ... dictionary also offers an entry for chocolate tree, whose definition is: “cacao.” ...
6. What is another word for chocolate? | Chocolate Synonyms ...
Find more words! Another word for, Opposite of, Meaning of, Rhymes with, Sentences with, Find word forms, Pronounce, Translate from English, Translate to ...
7. Liking Synonyms, Liking Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
36 synonyms of liking from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 111 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word ... I have a liking for dark chocolate. Synonyms for ... Britannica English: Translation of liking for Arabic Speakers ...
8. Six of Roald Dahl's made-up words have been added to the Oxford ...
Sep 12, 2016 ... But the beloved British children's book author was also known for the distinctive ... In May, the Oxford University Press also published a Roald Dahl Dictionary complete ... to Willy Wonka's chocolate factory in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (1964). ... Another word from The BFG, meaning to cause fright.
9. Chocolate Synonyms & Antonyms | Synonyms.com
Apr 2, 2020 ... Find all the synonyms and alternative words for chocolate at Synonyms.com, the largest free online thesaurus, antonyms, definitions and ...
10. Spanish Translation of “chocolate” - Collins Dictionary
Spanish Translation of “chocolate” | The official Collins English-Spanish Dictionary online. Over 100000 Spanish translations of English words and phrases.
What is another word for chocolate?
Chocolate can be referred to by several different names, including cacao, cocoa, cocoa powder, hot cocoa mix, and carob.
How is cacao different from cocoa?
Cacao is made from the beans found inside a cacao fruit. The beans are roasted at high temperatures and then ground up into a paste or powder. Meanwhile, cocoa is a form of processed cacao that has been heated further, creating a sweeter taste with fewer natural benefits than pure cacao.
What is carob?
Carob is a plant-based product that contains natural sugar and tastes similar to chocolate but without the caffeine or butterfat content of cocoa products. It's often used as an alternative to chocolate in many recipes.
Is dark chocolate better for you than milk chocolate?
Yes! Dark chocolate usually contains more antioxidants than its milkier counterpart due to its higher percentage of cocoa solids, making it a healthier indulgence when consumed in moderation.
Does white chocolate contain any cocoa solids?
No, white chocolate does not contain any cocoa solids; rather it's made from cocoa butter as well as other ingredients such as dairy and sugar.
There are many interesting words used to refer to beloved treat known as "chocolate". Now that you know what they mean you can feel more confident in selecting which type of sweet treat best fits your needs—and your taste buds!