Abortion is the medical process of ending a pregnancy before it results in the birth of a baby. It is sometimes referred to as a " termination of pregnancy.” Abortion can be performed either medically, through the use of medications, or surgically, through procedures like dilation and curettage (D&C).
Table Of Content:
- Abortion Synonyms, Abortion Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- 27 Synonyms & Antonyms for ABORT | Thesaurus.com
- Abort Synonyms, Abort Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
- Abortion - Wikipedia
- 20 Synonyms & Antonyms for ABORTION | Thesaurus.com
- Induced abortion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Medical terms and definitions during pregnancy and birth - Better ...
- Abortion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Abortion | Medical Abortion | MedlinePlus
- Contagious abortion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
1. Abortion Synonyms, Abortion Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
10 synonyms of abortion from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 16 related words, definitions, and antonyms. Find another word for abortion.
2. 27 Synonyms & Antonyms for ABORT | Thesaurus.com
Find 27 ways to say ABORT, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
3. Abort Synonyms, Abort Antonyms | Merriam-Webster Thesaurus
12 synonyms of abort from the Merriam-Webster Thesaurus, plus 25 related words, definitions, and ... Britannica English: Translation of abort for Arabic Speakers ...
4. Abortion - Wikipedia
Other names, Induced miscarriage, termination of pregnancy. Specialty · Obstetrics and gynecology · ICD-10-PCS · O04 · ICD-9-CM · 779.6 · MeSH · D000028 · MedlinePlus · 007382. [edit on Wikidata]. Abortion is the termination of a pregnancy by removal or expulsion of an embryo or fetus. ... The unmodified word abortion generally refers to an induced abortion.
5. 20 Synonyms & Antonyms for ABORTION | Thesaurus.com
Find 20 ways to say ABORTION, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at Thesaurus.com, the world's most trusted free thesaurus.
6. Induced abortion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Induced abortion definition at Dictionary.com, a free online dictionary with pronunciation, synonyms and translation. Look it up now!
7. Medical terms and definitions during pregnancy and birth - Better ...
During pregnancy and childbirth, you may see and hear lots of different medical terms. ... or by taking a combination of prescribed medications (medical abortion) ... antenatal – a term that means 'before birth' (alternative terms are 'prenatal' ...
8. Abortion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Abortion definition, the removal of an embryo or fetus from the uterus in order to end a pregnancy. See more. ... Word List. Save This Word! See synonyms for abortion on Thesaurus.com ... British Dictionary definitions for abortion. abortion.
9. Abortion | Medical Abortion | MedlinePlus
Apr 22, 2021 ... An abortion is a medical procedure to end a pregnancy. It uses medicine or surgery to remove the embryo or fetus and placenta from the uterus.
10. Contagious abortion Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Contagious abortion definition, brucellosis of domestic cattle, an infectious disease ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Examples; British ... In other words, unnecessarily stringent abortion regulation could be far more dangerous than abortion itself.
What are the types of abortion?
There are two main types of abortion: medical and surgical. Medical abortions use medications to end the pregnancy while surgical abortions involve the use of instruments like forceps, suction curettes, or dilators to physically remove the fetus from the uterus.
When is abortion legal?
The legality and availability of abortion vary by country. In some countries, abortion is available on request up until a certain point in gestation; other countries only allow for abortions in specific instances such as when a woman's life is at risk or there is a serious health risk to the fetus.
Are there any risks associated with abortion?
Yes, there are potential risks associated with both medical and surgical abortions including bleeding, infection, emotional distress, and damage to organs or reproductive systems. It’s important to discuss all potential risks with your doctor before making any decisions about an abortion procedure.
Is counseling available for women considering an abortion?
Yes, many healthcare providers offer counseling services to patients considering an abortion procedure so they can make informed decisions about their care. Counseling may include discussions about potential physical and emotional effects as well as exploring options such as adoption or parenthood.
Abortion is a complex issue that many people have strong opinions about. Before making any decisions regarding an abortion procedure it’s important to speak with your doctor and consider all available options carefully while understanding potential risks and consequences involved.