A walkie talkie, also known as a two-way radio, is a type of communication device which uses radio waves to send and receive messages. It is most commonly used for short-range communication such as in households, businesses, or on construction sites. These devices have been around since the 1940s and have been used for both recreational and commercial purposes.
Table Of Content:
- Walkie-talkie | Definition of Walkie-talkie by Merriam-Webster
- Walkie-talkie - Wikipedia
- Walkie-talkie Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- 4 Synonyms & Antonyms for WALKIE-TALKIE | Thesaurus.com
- Talkie Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Walkie-talkie definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- WALKIE-TALKIE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- WALKIE-TALKIE (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
- walkie-talkie noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
- walkie-talkie - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
1. Walkie-talkie | Definition of Walkie-talkie by Merriam-Webster
Walkie-talkie definition is - a compact easily transportable battery-operated radio transmitting and receiving set. ... See the full definition for walkie-talkie in the English Language Learners Dictionary. walkie- ... What Is 'Semantic Bleaching'?.
2. Walkie-talkie - Wikipedia
A walkie-talkie, more formally known as a handheld transceiver (HT), is a hand- held, portable, ... The unit was factory set with one crystal which could be changed to a different frequency ... with "walkie-talkie" often used as a layman's term or specifically to refer to a toy. ... Look up walkie-talkie in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.
3. Walkie-talkie Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
or walk·y-talk·y ... Save This Word! ... noun Radio. a combined transmitter and receiver light enough to be carried by one person: developed originally for military use ...
4. 4 Synonyms & Antonyms for WALKIE-TALKIE | Thesaurus.com
Find 4 ways to say WALKIE-TALKIE, along with antonyms, related words, and example sentences at ... See definition of walkie-talkie on Dictionary.com.
5. Talkie Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Talkie definition, talking picture. ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Related Content; Examples; British ... Save This Word! ... Origin of talkie ... Each walkie talkie has 22 channels with 121 privacy codes, is compatible with any FRS GMRS two way ...
6. Walkie-talkie definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Walkie-talkie definition: A walkie-talkie is a small portable radio which you can ... Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples. ... Word forms: walkie-talkies ... And me and my sister got walkie-talkies and could talk to each other from our ...
7. WALKIE-TALKIE | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... walkie-talkie definition: 1. a small radio held in the hand, used for both sending and receiving messages: ... Meaning of walkie-talkie in English ... walkie-talkie | American Dictionary ... What is the pronunciation of walkie-talkie?
8. WALKIE-TALKIE (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
Definition of WALKIE-TALKIE (noun): small radio used for communicating with someone. ... Word Forms. + ... Definition and synonyms of walkie-talkie from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English ...
9. walkie-talkie noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
Definition of walkie-talkie noun in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. ... Look up any word in the dictionary offline, anytime, anywhere with the Oxford ...
10. walkie-talkie - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
Collins Concise English Dictionary © HarperCollins Publishers:: walkie-talkie, walky-talky /ˌwɔːkɪˈtɔːkɪ/ n ( pl -talkies). a small combined radio transmitter ...
How does a walkie talkie work?
A walkie talkie works by sending radio signals from one unit to another. The signal is received by the other unit which then replays the message to the first unit. This helps with efficient communication over short distances.
What range can a walkie talkie reach?
The range at which a walkie talkie can operate depends on several factors such as antenna type, terrain, weather conditions and power output of the transmitter. For recreational use, most walkies can reach up to 4 miles.
What are some advantages of using a walkie talkie?
Walkies are highly portable making them convenient for everyday use. They are also cost-effective due to their low purchase price and their minimal operating costs. Furthermore, they provide secure communications with little chance of eavesdropping.
In conclusion, walkies offer an efficient way of communicating over short distances while being affordable and easy to use at the same time. Whether it be for recreational or commercial purposes, they offer reliable and secure communication that is hard to come by in our digital age.