"ancient scroll paper definition and meaning in english" at online dictionary. Definition of ancient scroll paper definition and meaning in english. What is another word for ancient scroll paper definition and meaning in english? This is the right place where you will get the proper information. What does ancient scroll paper definition and meaning in english? However, check ancient scroll paper definition and meaning in english at our online dictionary below.
Table Of Content:
- Scroll - Wikipedia
- Papyrus | Definition of Papyrus by Merriam-Webster
- Scroll definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Papyrus - Wikipedia
- SCROLL English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- Papyrus Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- SCROLL | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Scrolls - definition of scrolls by The Free Dictionary
- SCROLL | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- scroll | Free On-Line English Dictionary | Thesaurus | Children's ...
1. Scroll - Wikipedia
A scroll also known as a roll, is a roll of papyrus, parchment, or paper containing writing. ... There existed an office of Clerk of the Scrow (Rotulorum Clericus) meaning the ... Modern technology may be able to assist in reading ancient scrolls. ... (2008) "scroll" in A Dictionary of English Manuscript Terminology 1450– 2000 ...
2. Papyrus | Definition of Papyrus by Merriam-Webster
Papyrus definition is - a tall perennial sedge (Cyperus papyrus) of the Nile valley. How to use ... on papyrus. b : a written scroll made of papyrus He discovered a papyrus in the ruins. ... paper made from papyrus that was used in ancient times ... See the full definition for papyrus in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
3. Scroll definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
scroll · 1. countable noun. A scroll is a long roll of paper or a similar material with writing on it. Ancient scrolls were found in caves by the Dead Sea. Synonyms: roll , ...
4. Papyrus - Wikipedia
Papyrus is a material similar to thick paper that was used in ancient times as a writing surface. ... By the 12th century, parchment and paper were in use in the Byzantine Empire, but papyrus was still an option. ... Antiquarian Society, one of the Papyri Graecae Magicae V, translated into English with commentary in 1853.
5. SCROLL English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
noun · 1A roll of parchment or paper for writing or painting on. 'He held out a papyrus scroll, bound with papyrus reeds.' · 2mass noun, usually as modifier The ...
6. Papyrus Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Papyrus definition, a tall, aquatic plant, Cyperus papyrus, of the sedge family, native to the Nile ... an ancient document, manuscript, or scroll written on this material. ... 1350–1400; Middle English papirus
7. SCROLL | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... scroll meaning: 1. a long roll of paper or similar material with usually official writing on it: ... The ancient Egyptians stored information on scrolls.
8. Scrolls - definition of scrolls by The Free Dictionary
Define scrolls. scrolls synonyms, scrolls pronunciation, scrolls translation, English dictionary definition of scrolls. n. 1. a. A roll, as of parchment or papyrus, ... 1. a roll of parchment, paper, etc, usually inscribed with writing. 2. an ancient book in the form of a roll of parchment, papyrus, etc. 3. (Art Terms). a. a decorative carving ...
9. SCROLL | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... scroll definition: 1. a long roll of paper or similar material with usually official writing on it: ... The ancient Egyptians stored information on scrolls.
10. scroll | Free On-Line English Dictionary | Thesaurus | Children's ...
Definition of scroll. Free online Dictionary including thesaurus, children's and intermediate dictionary by Wordsmyth. ... definition: a roll of paper or parchment, used to write or draw on. Scientists examined the writing on the ancient scroll.