An American transformer is a device used to transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another. It works by taking an input voltage, reducing or increasing it, and then outputting the adjusted voltage. In some countries like the United States, transformers are commonly used in residential as well as commercial electrical systems. They can be found in every home's electricity service line.
Table Of Content:
- TRANSFORMER | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Transformer - Wikipedia
- Transformer definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Transformer Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Transformer | Definition of Transformer by Merriam-Webster
- definition of Auto Transformer by The Free Dictionary
- transformer noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
- Transformative | Definition of Transformative by Merriam-Webster
- Rectifier Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Large Power Transformers and the U.S. Electric Grid
1. TRANSFORMER | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Meaning of transformer in English · transformer | American Dictionary · transformer | Business English · Examples of transformer · Translations of ...
2. Transformer - Wikipedia
... light commercial service, which in North America is typically rated 120/240 V. A transformer is a passive component that transfers electrical energy from one electrical circuit ... Oxford English Dictionary (2nd ed.). Oxford University Press. 1989 ...
3. Transformer definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
transformer in American English ... 1. a person or thing that transforms. 2. Electricity. a device containing no moving parts and consisting essentially of two or more ...
4. Transformer Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Electricity. an electric device consisting essentially of two or more windings wound on the same core, which by electromagnetic induction transforms electric ...
5. Transformer | Definition of Transformer by Merriam-Webster
Transformer definition is - one that transforms; specifically : a device ... See the full definition for transformer in the English Language Learners Dictionary ... Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and ...
6. definition of Auto Transformer by The Free Dictionary
American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition. Copyright ... The American Heritage® Student Science Dictionary, Second Edition.
7. transformer noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
Definition of transformer noun in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary. ... produce more natural sounding English with the Oxford Collocations Dictionary app.
8. Transformative | Definition of Transformative by Merriam-Webster
Love words? Need even more definitions? Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Merriam- ...
9. Rectifier Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Rectifiers are most often made of a combination of diodes, which allow current to pass in one direction only. Compare converter transformer. The American ...
10. Large Power Transformers and the U.S. Electric Grid
Jun 5, 2012 ... North American Electrical Reliability Corporation ... 1.3 Scope and Definition of Large Power Transformers. ... There are considerable differences in the definitions used to describe an LPT, including the ... http://english.hhi.co.kr/press/ news_view.asp?idx=554&page=1 (accessed December 15, 2011).
What is an American transformer?
An American transformer is a device used to transfer electrical energy from one circuit to another by taking an input voltage, reducing or increasing it, and then outputting the adjusted voltage.
How does an American transformer work?
An American transformer works by receiving power from either its source or another transformer and adjusts the voltage depending on what kind of output needs to be produced.
Where can I find an American transformer?
American transformers can be found in any residential or commercial electrical system in the United States. They are also available for purchase online or at local hardware stores.
Are there different types of American transformers?
Yes, there are different types of American transformers including single phase and three-phase models designed for indoor and outdoor use, step up and down models, separately excited transformers, auto-transformers and more.
What are the benefits of using an American transformer?
Using a transformer with your electrical system decreases losses due to voltage drops over long distances, reduces static electricity build-up, increases safety due to decreased levels of current circulating in exposed wiring, and helps bring stability when sending multiple signals over a single wire.
An American transformer is a versatile device found in many homes across the United States that allows users to customize their power supply needs easily and safely each time they switch on their lights. Whether you're looking for a basic model for your home or require something specific such as a three-phase model for industrial purposes, you'll find what you need with an American Transformer.