The term 'American Girlfriends' is used to describe a platonic relationship between two unmarried female friends, typically from the United States. This type of relationship often involves activities such as shopping, talking about their lives and ambitions, going out for meals or drinks, attending events together and even travelling together. In some cases these two friends may also share an apartment or house. The American Girlfriends relationship is based on a deep friendship, mutual understanding and trust between two people who are not romantically involved.
Table Of Content:
- Girlfriend | Definition of Girlfriend by Merriam-Webster
- Girlfriend definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- GIRLFRIEND | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Girlfriend - Wikipedia
- GIRLFRIEND | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Boo Meaning | Best 21 Definitions of Boo
- GIRLFRIEND | Definition of GIRLFRIEND by Oxford Dictionary on ...
- Maya (given name) - Wikipedia
- girlfriend | meaning of girlfriend in Longman Dictionary of ...
- girlfriend noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
1. Girlfriend | Definition of Girlfriend by Merriam-Webster
Girlfriend definition is - a female friend. How to use ... Send us feedback. ... See the full definition for girlfriend in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. Girlfriend definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Someone's girlfriend is a girl or woman with whom they are having a romantic relationship. American English: girlfriend /ˈgɜrlfrɛnd/; Arabic: صَدِيقَة; Brazilian ...
3. GIRLFRIEND | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... girlfriend | American Dictionary ... a woman with whom you have a romantic relationship, or a female friend: I've never met his girlfriend. Susan was ...
4. Girlfriend - Wikipedia
A girlfriend is a female friend or acquaintance, often a regular female companion with whom ... Both forms of "girlfriend" and "girl friend" are used by different people to mean different things. ... A similar, but not equivalent, concept is the more ambiguous "lady friend" – a ... Traps: African American Men on Sex and Sexuality.
5. GIRLFRIEND | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
girlfriend meaning: 1. a woman or girl who a person is having a romantic or sexual relationship with: 2. the female…. Learn more.
6. Boo Meaning | Best 21 Definitions of Boo
Boo is defined as a term of endearment for a boyfriend or girlfriend, a sound make to ... From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
7. GIRLFRIEND | Definition of GIRLFRIEND by Oxford Dictionary on ...
1A person's regular female companion with whom they have a romantic or sexual relationship. 'he lives with his girlfriend'. More example sentences. 'When the ...
8. Maya (given name) - Wikipedia
Maya is a female name with multiple meanings: In Sanskrit Māyā means "illusion or magic", ... 1975), better known as M.I.A., British singer/rapper; Maya Bar-Hillel ( born 1943), Israeli ... 1959), American architect and sculptor, designer of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial; Maya Millete ... Entry in the Maori dictionary online.
9. girlfriend | meaning of girlfriend in Longman Dictionary of ...
girlfriend meaning, definition, what is girlfriend: a girl or woman that you are ... have a long relationship with).2 especially American EnglishFRIEND a woman or ...
10. girlfriend noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage notes ...
Definition of girlfriend noun in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, synonyms ...
What kind of activities do American girlfriends typically do together?
American girlfriends often go shopping together, talk about their life ambitions and get together for meals or drinks. They may attend events and even travel together.
Is an American girlfriends relationship based on romance?
No, the American Girlfriends relationship is not typically a romantic one but rather based on a deep friendship, mutual understanding and trust between two people who are not romantically involved.
Do American girlfriends usually live together?
Not necessarily - while some pairs may share an apartment or house this is not always the case.
The term 'American Girlfriends' is used to describe a unique kind of platonic friendship between two women in the United States that is based on a deep mutual understanding and trust. Although it does involve activities such as shopping and attending events together, it is not typically a romantic relationship like dating or marriage.