A burglar alarm is an electronic device designed to detect and deter home intrusions, often through the use of motion detectors, sounders and transmitters that are triggered when someone enters without authorization. Burglar alarms can be used in residential and commercial buildings alike to protect property from theft, tampering or vandalism.
Table Of Content:
- Burglar alarm definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- How to pronounce BURGLAR ALARM in English
- BURGLAR ALARM (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
- BURGLAR ALARM | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Burglar Alarm | Definition of Burglar Alarm by Merriam-Webster
- burglar-alarm noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
- Burglarize | Definition of Burglarize by Merriam-Webster
- alarm - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
- Security alarm - Wikipedia
- Burglar | Definition of Burglar by Merriam-Webster
1. Burglar alarm definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
A burglar alarm is an electric device that makes a bell ring loudly if someone tries to enter a building by force. American English: burglar alarm /ˈbɜrɡlər əˌlɑrm/ ...
2. How to pronounce BURGLAR ALARM in English
Jul 28, 2021 ... How to pronounce burglar alarm noun in American English. (English pronunciations of burglar alarm from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary & Thesaurus and from the ... What is the definition of burglar alarm?
3. BURGLAR ALARM (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
burglar alarm Definitions and Synonyms · Definition and synonyms of burglar alarm from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. · View American ...
4. BURGLAR ALARM | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... burglar alarm definition: 1. a device on a building that gives a warning such as making a loud noise or flashing a light, or…. Learn more.
5. Burglar Alarm | Definition of Burglar Alarm by Merriam-Webster
Burglar alarm definition is - a device that makes a loud noise (such as a ... Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and ...
6. burglar-alarm noun - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
Definition of burglar-alarm noun in Oxford Advanced American Dictionary. Meaning, pronunciation, picture, example sentences, grammar, usage notes, ...
7. Burglarize | Definition of Burglarize by Merriam-Webster
"Burglarize," like many verb forms, is made by adding the suffix -ize, and this form is more common in American English. Burgle is a back-formation (a word ...
8. alarm - WordReference.com Dictionary of English
to equip with an alarm or alarms, as in case of fire or robbery. WordReference Random House Unabridged Dictionary of American English © 2021. a•larm (ə lärm ...
9. Security alarm - Wikipedia
A security alarm is a system designed to detect intrusion, such as unauthorized entry, into a building or other areas such as a home or school. Security alarms ...
10. Burglar | Definition of Burglar by Merriam-Webster
Love words? Need even more definitions? Subscribe to America's largest dictionary and get thousands more definitions and advanced search—ad free! Merriam- ...
Q: How does a burglar alarm work?
A burglar alarm works by triggering an alert once it senses motion, sound or vibration within its vicinity. These alerts may be audible (e.g., a loud siren or chime), visual (e.g., flashing lights) or both.
Is a burglar alarm beneficial to have?
Yes! Burglar alarms can act as an effective deterrent against potential intruders and may help protect your property from theft, tampering or vandalism.
What types of burglary alarms are available?
There are several types of burglary alarms available including both wired and wireless systems as well as monitored and unmonitored options. Depending on your needs and budget, you can choose the option that is best for you.
Burglar alarms can provide peace of mind by protecting your property against potential intrusions. With the various types of systems available on the market today, there is sure to be an option that meets your specific needs and budget requirements.