Ambulance chasing lawyers are lawyers who actively solicit clients in the immediate aftermath of a traumatic event, such as an accident. They typically advertise aggressively and take advantage of vulnerable clients in order to gain personal gain from their misfortune.
Table Of Content:
- Definition of Ambulance Chaser by Merriam-Webster
- definition of Ambulance chasing by The Free Dictionary
- Ambulance chaser Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- AMBULANCE-CHASING | definition in the Cambridge English ...
- Ambulance chasing - Wikipedia
- AMBULANCE-CHASING | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
- definition of Ambulance chasing by Medical dictionary
- AMBULANCE CHASER | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
- Ambulance chaser definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- AMBULANCE CHASER (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
1. Definition of Ambulance Chaser by Merriam-Webster
Ambulance chaser definition is - a lawyer or lawyer's agent who incites accident victims to sue for damages. ... Other Words from ambulance chaser Example Sentences Learn More About ambulance chaser ... 1896, in the meaning defined above ... ARABIC TRANSLATION · NGLISH - SPANISH-ENGLISH TRANSLATION.
2. definition of Ambulance chasing by The Free Dictionary
slang US a lawyer who seeks to encourage and profit from the lawsuits of accident victims. ambulance chasing n. Collins English Dictionary – Complete and ...
3. Ambulance chaser Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Ambulance chaser definition, a lawyer who seeks accident victims as clients and encourages them to sue for ... Also called, British Slang, accident tout .
4. AMBULANCE-CHASING | definition in the Cambridge English ...
ambulance-chasing meaning: 1. an attempt by a lawyer to get work by persuading someone who has been injured to claim money…. Learn more.
5. Ambulance chasing - Wikipedia
Ambulance chasing or barratry is a term which refers to a lawyer soliciting for clients at a disaster site. The term "ambulance chasing" comes from the stereotype ...
6. AMBULANCE-CHASING | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
5 days ago ... ambulance-chasing definition: 1. an attempt by a lawyer to get work by persuading someone who has been injured to claim money…
7. definition of Ambulance chasing by Medical dictionary
Looking for online definition of Ambulance chasing in the Medical Dictionary? ... A slang term for a lawyer who obtains business by encouraging accident victims to sue doctors or others for damages, often ... Complete English Grammar Rules
8. AMBULANCE CHASER | meaning in the Cambridge English ...
5 days ago ... ambulance chaser definition: 1. a lawyer who tries to get work by persuading someone who has been in an accident to claim money…
9. Ambulance chaser definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Ambulance chaser definition: a lawyer who seeks to encourage and profit from the lawsuits of accident victims | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and ...
10. AMBULANCE CHASER (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan ...
Definition of AMBULANCE CHASER (noun): lawyer trying to get business from ... and synonyms of ambulance chaser from the online English dictionary from ...
What does ‘ambulance chasing’ mean?
Ambulance chasing refers to the practice of lawyers who solicit legal services by aggressively advertising to potential clients following accidents or other types of traumatic events.
How do ambulance chasing lawyers find new clients?
Ambulance chasing lawyers typically advertise their services in newspapers, radio advertisements, on television and online. They also approach families or individuals directly while they are visiting hospitals or attending funerals.
Is ambulance chasing legal?
In some states, ambulance chasing is illegal and can be punishable by law. Generally speaking, it is unethical for attorneys to engage in this type of behavior as it goes against the code of ethics set forth by the American Bar Association.
Ambulance chasing has been a problem within the legal profession since its inception and continues to be an issue today. Unscrupulous attorneys have been known to exploit unsuspecting victims in order to gain financial benefit from their misfortunes. The American Bar Association has clear rules governing attorney ethics and behavior that must be followed in order for attorneys to remain ethical professionals.