The German phrase “am Tag” literally means "on the day". In German, it is used when referring to a specific date, such as in the phrase “Heute ist der zehnte am Tag”, which translates to “Today is the tenth on the day.”
Table Of Content:
- Tag definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Price Tag | Definition of Price Tag by Merriam-Webster
- Tags - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
- Tag Team | Definition of Tag Team by Merriam-Webster
- Nametag Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Translation in context from German to English - Reverso Context
- Ear tag Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Tag (game) - Wikipedia
- Antagonist Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Tag question - Wikipedia
1. Tag definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Tag definition: A tag is a small piece of card or cloth which is attached to an object or person and has... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
2. Price Tag | Definition of Price Tag by Merriam-Webster
Price tag definition is - a tag on merchandise showing the price at which it is ... See the full definition for price tag in the English Language Learners Dictionary ...
3. Tags - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
5 days ago ... The girls wanted to go home, didn't they? If the main clause verb is I am, then the negative tag form is aren't I: Sorry, I ...
4. Tag Team | Definition of Tag Team by Merriam-Webster
Tag team definition is - a team of two or more professional wrestlers who spell ... See the full definition for tag team in the English Language Learners Dictionary ...
5. Nametag Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Nametag definition, an identification tag or label showing one's name and sometimes one's address or business affiliation, attached to an article of clothing or ...
6. Translation in context from German to English - Reverso Context
Find the English translations in context of German words, expressions and idioms ; a free German-English dictionary with millions of examples of use.
7. Ear tag Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Ear tag definition, an identification tag fastened to the ear of an animal. See more.
8. Tag (game) - Wikipedia
Tag is a playground game involving two or more players chasing other players in an attempt to ... The game "British bulldog" (sometimes also called Bullrush, Cat and Mouse, Red Rover, Cats and Mice, sharks and dolphins, Sharks and ... According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, the origin of the name 'tag' is unknown.
9. Antagonist Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Antagonist definition, a person who is opposed to, struggles against, ... Top Definitions; Synonyms; Quizzes; Related Content; Examples; British; Medical; Scientific. antagonist. [ an-tag-uh-nist ] ... From “5G” to “Zaddy”: Dictionary.com Adds Over 300 New Words And Definitions ... What Do “a.m.” And “p.m.” Stand For?
10. Tag question - Wikipedia
As in English, the tendency is to have a negative tag after a positive sentence and vice versa, but unbalanced tags are also possible. Some examples from Scottish ...
What does am Tag mean in English?
Am Tag means “on the day” in English.
How is the term typically used?
Am Tag is typically used when referring to a specific date in German. For example, if you wanted to say that today is June 10th, you would say “Heute ist der zehnte am Tag.”
Is there any other way to use this term?
Yes, it can also be used as part of larger phrases such as “in einem Monat am Tag.” This would translate to something like “in a month on the day.”
Is this term commonly used by native speakers?
Yes, native German speakers use this phrase all the time when referring to specific dates or times.
What are some examples of how this term can be used?
Some examples include saying things like "Heute Abend um sieben am tag" (Tonight at seven on the day) or "Gestern war der dreizehnte am tag" (Yesterday was the thirteenth on the day).
Am Tag is an important phrase for anyone learning German because it is often used when talking about dates. While understanding its literal meaning can help one make sense of conversations with native speakers, it can also be useful when forming larger phrases relating to time and dates.