Carbon neutrality is a concept which refers to balancing out carbon dioxide emissions released by an individual or organisation, with the same amount of carbon dioxide being offset or removed from the atmosphere. Simply put, it means creating a net-zero impact on the environment.
Table Of Content:
- Alternate | Definition of Alternate by Merriam-Webster
- Alternate Meaning | Best 38 Definitions of Alternate
- Alternating | Definition of Alternating by Merriam-Webster
- Alternative Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Alternative | Definition of Alternative by Merriam-Webster
- Alternate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- alternative solution in a sentence | Sentence examples by ...
- The best 368 alternative sentence examples
- 77 Synonyms & Antonyms for SENTENCE | Thesaurus.com
- What is the difference between â€˜alternateâ€™ and â€˜alternativeâ ...
1. Alternate | Definition of Alternate by Merriam-Webster
Alternate definition is - occurring or succeeding by turns. How to use alternate in a sentence. ... not able to be present or to do a required job. See the full definition for alternate in the English Language Learners Dictionary. alternate. adjective.
2. Alternate Meaning | Best 38 Definitions of Alternate
Alternate meaning · Origin of alternate · Alternate Sentence Examples · Related articles · Also Mentioned In · Words near alternate in the Dictionary.
3. Alternating | Definition of Alternating by Merriam-Webster
Alternating definition is - occurring by turns or in succession. How to use alternating in ... Other Words from alternating More Example Sentences Learn More About alternating ... Britannica English: Translation of alternating for Arabic Speakers ...
4. Alternative Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Alternative definition, a choice limited to one of two or more possibilities, as of things, propositions, or courses of action, the ... Top Definitions; Synonyms; Quizzes; Related Content; Examples; British ... How to use alternative in a sentence.
5. Alternative | Definition of Alternative by Merriam-Webster
Jul 29, 2021 ... Alternative definition is - offering or expressing a choice. ... the Right Synonym More Example Sentences Learn More About alternative ... See the full definition for alternative in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
6. Alternate definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Alternate definition: When you alternate two things, you keep using one then the other. When one thing... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
7. alternative solution in a sentence | Sentence examples by ...
5 days ago ... Examples of alternative solution in a sentence, how to use it. ... Any opinions in the examples do not represent the opinion of the Cambridge Dictionary editors or of Cambridge University ... From the Cambridge English Corpus.
8. The best 368 alternative sentence examples
The most voted sentence example for alternative is He had to make alternative arr. ... as an alternative , that part of the British fleet should watch the Danes while the ... 4 means (i) contained in the definition of the subject; (2) having the subject ...
9. 77 Synonyms & Antonyms for SENTENCE | Thesaurus.com
See definition of sentence on Dictionary.com. nounpunishing ... SENTENCE. 5 Writing Rules You Can Break (No Matter What Your English Teacher Taught You ).
10. What is the difference between â€˜alternateâ€™ and â€˜alternativeâ ...
Jul 27, 2017 ... The Macquarie Dictionary defines 'alternate' as a verb. ... You might have heard the sentence, 'There's no alternative'; it means there's no other ...
What does it mean to be carbon neutral?
Being carbon neutral means to balance out any released harmful emissions with an equal amount of emissions being removed from the environment. It requires having a net-zero impact on the environment in order for a person or an organisation to be considered “carbon neutral”.
What actions are necessary for carbon neutrality?
To reach carbon neutrality, individuals and organisations can take various measures such as reducing their energy consumption, investing in renewable energy sources and becoming more conscious about their lifestyle choices e.g. switching off unused electrical appliances and minimising water usage. They can also choose to offset their unavoidable carbon footprint by planting trees and funding other initiatives which contribute directly towards combating climate change.
How important is it to achieve carbon neutrality?
Carbon neutrality is incredibly important if we want to reduce our contribution towards global warming and climate change. Unless we make concerted efforts now all across the board, we will continue to experience more severe consequences of climate change in the future.
In conclusion, achieving a net-zero environmental impact through carbon neutrality is incredibly important if we want to tackle global warming and prevent further climate disasters from occurring in the future. Individuals as well as organisations need to adopt this practice in order to reduce their contribution which has caused damage to our precious planet.