A condominium, often shortened to condo, is a form of residential real estate owned and managed through a private organization. Unlike renting an apartment from a landlord, condo ownership means purchasing one’s own piece of real estate within the larger building or complex containing other individually-owned dwellings.
Table Of Content:
- Fawn | Definition of Fawn by Merriam-Webster
- Also, as well or too ? - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
- Converse | Definition of Converse by Merriam-Webster
- Not only … but also - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
- Adverb | Definition of Adverb by Merriam-Webster
- Writing 101: Types of Declarative Sentences With Examples - 2021 ...
- Democracy | Definition of Democracy by Merriam-Webster
- Compound sentence Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Syntax: Definition and Examples
- CONTEXT CLUES 1. DEFINITION / DESCRIPTION CLUE
1. Fawn | Definition of Fawn by Merriam-Webster
Middle English speakers adapted an Old English word meaning "to rejoice" to ... word that also provided Old German and Old Norse with words for "happy." ...
2. Also, as well or too ? - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
5 days ago ... Also, as well or too ? - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary.
3. Converse | Definition of Converse by Merriam-Webster
Converse definition is - to exchange thoughts and opinions in speech : talk. How to use converse in a sentence. ... the true tragic writer was also an artist in comedy, did not lay down the converse proposition that the true comic writer is also an artist in tragedy. ... Britannica English: Translation of converse for Arabic Speakers.
4. Not only … but also - English Grammar Today - Cambridge Dictionary
5 days ago ... Not only … but also - English Grammar Today - a reference to written and spoken English grammar and usage - Cambridge Dictionary.
5. Adverb | Definition of Adverb by Merriam-Webster
They may also modify adjectives, other adverbs, phrases, or even entire ... See the full definition for adverb in the English Language Learners Dictionary. adverb.
6. Writing 101: Types of Declarative Sentences With Examples - 2021 ...
Nov 8, 2020 ... These types of sentences are also known as declarative statements. A declarative sentence is the most common type of sentence in the English ...
7. Democracy | Definition of Democracy by Merriam-Webster
Democracy definition is - government by the people; especially : rule of the majority. How to use democracy in a sentence. ... or it can refer instead to what is also called a direct democracy, in which the citizens themselves participate in the ... See the full definition for democracy in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
8. Compound sentence Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Compound sentence definition, a sentence containing two or more coordinate ... Top Definitions; Quizzes; Homework Help; Examples; British; Cultural ... She failed the exam is also a complete thought that can stand alone as a sentence.
9. Syntax: Definition and Examples
Jan 25, 2020 ... The term is also used to mean the study of the syntactic properties of a ... English parts of speech often follow ordering patterns in sentences ...
10. CONTEXT CLUES 1. DEFINITION / DESCRIPTION CLUE
unfamiliar words. Learning the meaning of a word through its use in a sentence or paragraph is the most practical way to build vocabulary, since a dictionary is.
How is owning a condo different from renting?
Owning a condo means purchasing one's own piece of real estate as part of the larger building or complex it sits in whereas renting an apartment usually involves obtaining permission from the property owner and signing a lease agreement.
What are some advantages of owning a condo?
Some advantages include not having to take care of exterior maintenance, potential long-term investments benefits, access to amenities such as gyms and swimming pools at no extra cost, and more control over your living environment.
Who manages condos?
Most condos are managed by private organizations that keep track of tenant/owner information and handle certain day-to-day activities like handling mail delivery and collecting fees for common area maintenance.
Are there downsides to owning a condo?
As with any property purchase, there can be downsides such as staying on top of repairs that come up in the unit itself as well as potentially higher costs for insurance than renting an apartment would likely incur.
While condos come with potential benefits like long-term investments opportunities and easier access to amenities like pools or gyms, they also require upkeep that may exceed what comes with renting an apartment. Before deciding whether purchasing a condo or choosing another form of residence is right for you, consider carefully all the pros and cons involved in ownership vs rental situations.