Alouette is a popular French folk song that has been performed since the mid-19th century. Its lyrics are about birds, animals and objects in nature, but its meaning often goes beyond mere description to evoke a deep emotional response. The word alouette itself means “lark” or “skylark” in French.
Table Of Content:
- Alouette Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Alouette (song) - Wikipedia
- Alouette definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- What does alouette mean?
- English Translation of “alouette” | Collins French-English Dictionary
- alouette | translate French to English: Cambridge Dictionary
- Alouette: What It Means (It's not as nasty as you'd think!)
- alouette | translation French to English: Cambridge Dictionary
- What does alouette mean in French? - Translate
- Alouette - Baby Name Meaning, Origin and Popularity
1. Alouette Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
(initial capital letter) a French children's song for group singing. QUIZ. ARE YOU A TRUE BLUE CHAMPION OF THESE "BLUE" SYNONYMS ...
2. Alouette (song) - Wikipedia
Below are the original French lyrics along with a literal English translation. French, English translation. Refrain: Alouette, gentille alouette, Alouette, je te plumerai.
3. Alouette definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Alouette definition: a lark | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples. ... nounWord forms: plural (for 1) alouettes (aˈlwet, English ˈæluːˈetəz, ...
4. What does alouette mean?
Apr 15, 2019 ... Definition of alouette in the Definitions.net dictionary. Meaning of ... How to pronounce alouette? Alex. US English. Daniel. British. Karen.
5. English Translation of “alouette” | Collins French-English Dictionary
In other languages. alouette ... A lark is a small brown bird which makes a pleasant sound. American English: lark /ˈlɑrk/; Brazilian Portuguese ...
6. alouette | translate French to English: Cambridge Dictionary
5 days ago ... alouette translate: lark, lark. Learn more in the Cambridge French-English Dictionary.
7. Alouette: What It Means (It's not as nasty as you'd think!)
Oct 12, 2010 ... So, my generous, kind, but eye-rolling father-in-law (also raised on a farm), offers this substitution: Skip plumerai and substitute caressé, as in Je ...
8. alouette | translation French to English: Cambridge Dictionary
5 days ago ... alouette translations: lark, lark. Learn more in the Cambridge French-English Dictionary.
9. What does alouette mean in French? - Translate
Need to translate "alouette" from French? Here are 2 possible meanings. ... English Translation. lark. More meanings for alouette ...
10. Alouette - Baby Name Meaning, Origin and Popularity
Alouette as a girl's name is of French origin, and the meaning of Alouette is "lark". JUMP TO: Popularity Trend Chart; Related Baby Names Lists. Advertisement ...
What does "Alouette" mean?
Alouette is the French word for lark or skylark.
Who wrote the lyrics for the song Alouette?
The lyrics of the traditional folk song "Alouette" have changed over time, but it is believed to have been written by Jean-Baptiste Labatut around 1879.
What does the chorus mean in English?
The English translation for the chorus of “Alouette” is "pluck off its head! Pluck off its head! Pluck off its head so I can eat."
Is "Alouette" only performed as a traditional folk song?
Although traditionally performed as a folk song, "Alouette" has also been incorporated into various works of classical music and popular culture over the years.
“Alouette” is both an iconic song and an important part of French culture. Although its literal meaning refers to plucking a bird's feathers off, it has come to symbolize more than just nature—it can also be interpreted as an expression of joy, emotion and carefree living.