Alopecia is a medical condition that affects both men and women and causes hair loss in the scalp or other areas of the body. It has many possible causes including genetics, autoimmune disorders, and more.
Table Of Content:
- Alopecia | Definition of Alopecia by Merriam-Webster
- Alopecia areata Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Alopecia Areata Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical ...
- ALOPECIA | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Alopecia definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- ALOPECIA | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Alopecia areata - Wikipedia
- definition of traction alopecia by The Free Dictionary
- Alopecia areata: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
- Alopecia Areata: Causes, Symptoms, and Diagnosis
1. Alopecia | Definition of Alopecia by Merriam-Webster
Jul 27, 2021 ... Middle English speakers borrowed the Latin word alopecia, which comes from " alōpekia," a Greek term that can be translated as "mange on ...
2. Alopecia areata Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
loss of hair in circumscribed patches. QUIZ. ARE YOU A TRUE BLUE CHAMPION OF THESE "BLUE" SYNONYMS? We ...
3. Alopecia Areata Medical Definition | Merriam-Webster Medical ...
Medical definition of alopecia areata: sudden loss of hair especially of the scalp or face in circumscribed patches with little or no inflammation.
4. ALOPECIA | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
Meaning of alopecia in English · a full, good, thick, etc. head of hair idiom · bald spot · baldness · baldy · bedhead · curl · curly · frizzy ...
5. Alopecia definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Alopecia definition: loss of hair , esp on the head; baldness | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
6. ALOPECIA | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... Meaning of alopecia in English · -haired · a full, good, thick, etc. head of hair idiom · baldness · baldy · beard · bedhead · clean-shaven · curl ...
7. Alopecia areata - Wikipedia
Alopecia areata, also known as spot baldness, is a condition in which hair is lost from some or ... Loss of hair also means the scalp burns more easily in the sun. Patients may also have ... British Journal of Dermatology. 179 (5): 1033–1048.
8. definition of traction alopecia by The Free Dictionary
n. alopecia, pérdida del cabello. English-Spanish Medical Dictionary © Farlex 2012. alopecia. n alopecia.
9. Alopecia areata: Causes, symptoms, and treatment
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune disorder that usually results in unpredictable, patchy hair loss. ... There is no cure for alopecia areata although some treatments are available to help hair regrow more ... The word alopecia means hair loss.
10. Alopecia Areata: Causes, Symptoms, and Diagnosis
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition that causes hair to fall out in ... The condition is difficult to predict, which means it may require a large amount of trial ...
What is alopecia?
Alopecia is a medical condition characterized by hair loss from the scalp or other areas of the body.
Who does alopecia affect?
Alopecia affects both men and women.
Are there different kinds of alopecia?
Yes, there are different kinds of alopecia such as pattern baldness, telogen effluvium, diffuse alopecia areata and more.
What are some possible causes of alopecia?
Possible causes of alopecia include genetics, hormonal changes due to thyroid or other endocrine diseases, autoimmune disorders like lupus or scleroderma and more.
Is there a cure for alopecia?
Unfortunately, there is no cure for alopecia yet but there are treatments available to help slow down hair loss or even regrow lost hair in some cases.
Alopecia is an unfortunate medical condition that can cause permanent hair loss in either men or women. While there may not be a cure available yet, treatments exist that can help reduce hair loss or regrow lost hair in some cases.