All year round is an expression that describes something that is available or occurring all the time, for 12 months of the year. It usually refers to activities, events or products which are always available, instead of having a specific start and end date during a single year.
Table Of Content:
- Year-round | Definition of Year-round by Merriam-Webster
- All year round definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Definition of all year round
- All year round Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- YEAR-ROUND | Definition of YEAR-ROUND by Oxford Dictionary on ...
- all year round - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
- Year-round - definition of year-round by The Free Dictionary
- YEAR-ROUND | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- All-year-round - definition of all-year-round by The Free Dictionary
- year-round adjective - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
1. Year-round | Definition of Year-round by Merriam-Webster
active, present, or done throughout the year. See the full definition for year-round in the English Language Learners Dictionary. year-round. adjective.
2. All year round definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
If you say something happens all year round or all the year round, it happens continually throughout the year. Town gardens are ideal because they produce ...
3. Definition of all year round
All year round definition is - throughout the entire year. How to use all year round in a sentence.
4. All year round Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Throughout the entire year, without regard to seasons. For example, Thanks to the indoor courts we can play tennis all year round. [Mid-1700s]. QUIZ. ARE YOU ...
5. YEAR-ROUND | Definition of YEAR-ROUND by Oxford Dictionary on ...
Does English Have More Words Than Any Other Language? 'Breech' or 'Breach' ? Which of the following is correct?
6. all year round - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
all year round - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions.
7. Year-round - definition of year-round by The Free Dictionary
... year-round. adj. Existing, active, or continuous throughout the year: a year- round resort. American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fifth Edition.
8. YEAR-ROUND | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... year-round definition: 1. during the whole of the year: 2. happening, existing, or present during the whole of the year…. Learn more.
9. All-year-round - definition of all-year-round by The Free Dictionary
Define all-year-round. all-year-round synonyms, all-year-round pronunciation, all -year-round translation, English dictionary definition of all-year-round. adj ...
10. year-round adjective - Definition, pictures, pronunciation and usage ...
Definition of year-round adjective in Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary. Meaning ... all through the year. an island with ... Find the answers with Practical English Usage online, your indispensable guide to problems in English. Join us.
What does "all year round" mean?
"All year round" means something that is always available or occurring for 12 months of the year. It usually refers to activities, events or products which do not have a specific start and end date throughout the year.
When should the phrase ‘all year round’ be used?
The phrase ‘all year round’ should be used when referring to something that is available or occurring all the time, instead of having a specific start and end date over a single year.
What are some common uses of “all year round”?
Common uses of “all year round” include referring to products which are always in stock, services which are offered at any time, activities which occur throughout the entire twelve-month period and events which can take place at any time in one's local area.
Is it possible for activities to only happen "all year round" in certain regions?
Yes, it is possible for activities to only happen “all year round” in certain regions. This usually depends on factors such as climate and geography; for example some activities may only be carried out in warmer climates due to lack of resources or seasonal changes.
Is there anything else I need to consider when using the expression ‘all year round’?
Yes, when using this expression you need to consider whether what you are referring to will actually be constantly available throughout all 12 months of the year. If what you are referring has any periods where it is unavailable then you may not be able use this expression accurately.
All in all, 'All Year Round' is an expression used to describe something that is available or occurring all through out 12 months of the year - with no distinct stopping point in between each month - such as with activites, services and products. It's important to note however that this expression may not suitable if there are any periods within those 12 months where what you refer too becomes unavailable.