Haul is an action verb used to describe the act of carrying, dragging, or transporting something that is large and/or heavy with great effort. Hauling can be done by a person or by some type of vehicle depending on the size and weight of the object being transported.
Table Of Content:
- Haul | Definition of Haul by Merriam-Webster
- HAUL | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- haul - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
- Haul Meaning | Best 41 Definitions of Haul
- Long haul definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Haul Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Haul - definition of haul by The Free Dictionary English dictionary ...
- Haul up Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- Haul away - definition of haul away by The Free Dictionary
- HAUL English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
1. Haul | Definition of Haul by Merriam-Webster
Haul definition is - to cause (something) to move by pulling or drawing : to exert traction on. ... Middle English halen to pull, from Anglo-French haler, of Germanic origin; akin to Middle ... illustrated notebook that says everyday vs every day ...
2. HAUL | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... haul noun [C] (FISH). the amount of fish caught: Fishermen have been complaining of poor hauls all year ...
3. haul - Dictionary Definition : Vocabulary.com
To haul is to move or take something, usually big and heavy, and put it ... If you've ever moved to a new house, then you know that having to haul all your stuff ...
4. Haul Meaning | Best 41 Definitions of Haul
The definition of a haul is the act of moving, dragging or transporting ... Haul meaning. hôl ... An example of haul is someone renting a box truck to move all of their ... Middle English haulen from Old French haler of Germanic origin kelə- in ...
5. Long haul definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Long haul definition: If you say that a task or a journey is a long haul , you mean that it takes a long time... | Meaning, pronunciation, translations and examples.
6. Haul Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Haul definition, to pull or draw with force; move by drawing; drag: They hauled the boat up onto the beach. ... British Dictionary definitions for haul. haul. / (hɔːl) ...
7. Haul - definition of haul by The Free Dictionary English dictionary ...
- Originally had the nautical meaning of "to trim the sails to sail closer to the wind. " See also related terms for sails. Farlex Trivia Dictionary. © 2012 Farlex, Inc. All ...
8. Haul up Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
How to use haul up in a sentence. “I think for trans men who are dating every time they hook up they have another coming out,” Sandler said. Grindr's Trans ...
9. Haul away - definition of haul away by The Free Dictionary
Define haul away. haul away synonyms, haul away pronunciation, haul away translation, English dictionary definition of haul away. ... and now, unmindful of all order and authority, there they were, each hauling away at the other's bedclothes ...
10. HAUL English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
English dictionary definition of HAUL along with additional meanings, example sentences, and different ways to say.
What does it mean to haul something?
To haul something means to carry, drag, or transport it with great effort.
How do you haul an object?
It depends on the size and weight of the object. If it's lightweight and small enough, then it can be hauled by hand. If not, it may require a vehicle such as a truck or trailer for hauling purposes.
Is hauling hard work?
Yes, hauling usually requires significant effort as the object being transported is usually quite large and/or heavy.
In summary, hauling is a verb referring to the act of carrying or dragging something large and/or heavy with great effort. This can be done manually or via vehicle depending on the size and weight of the item being transported.