Alfalfa is a type of plant that is popular among many cultures for its nutritional value and health benefits. It has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat various ailments. It is also used as an important livestock feed, especially in North America.
Table Of Content:
- Alfalfa | Definition of Alfalfa by Merriam-Webster
- ALFALFA English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
- Sickle Alfalfa | Definition of Sickle Alfalfa by Merriam-Webster
- ALFALFA | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
- Alfalfa Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
- alfalfa - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
- Alfalfa definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
- Alfalfa - Wikipedia
- Alfalfa - definition of alfalfa by The Free Dictionary
- ALFALFA (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
1. Alfalfa | Definition of Alfalfa by Merriam-Webster
Alfalfa definition is - a deep-rooted leguminous perennial plant (Medicago sativa) ... See the full definition for alfalfa in the English Language Learners Dictionary.
2. ALFALFA English Definition and Meaning | Lexico.com
Mid 18th century from Spanish, from Arabic al-faṣfaṣa, a green fodder. Word ...
3. Sickle Alfalfa | Definition of Sickle Alfalfa by Merriam-Webster
More than 250,000 words that aren't in our free dictionary; Expanded definitions, etymologies, and usage notes; Advanced search features; Ad free! Join Our Free ...
4. ALFALFA | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary
5 days ago ... alfalfa definition: 1. a plant grown as food, especially for farm animals, or used in salads before it is completely… ... Meaning of alfalfa in English.
5. Alfalfa Definition & Meaning | Dictionary.com
Alfalfa definition, a plant, Medicago sativa, of the legume family, usually having bluish-purple flowers, originating in the Near East and widely cultivated as a ...
6. alfalfa - English-Spanish Dictionary - WordReference.com
alfalfa - Translation to Spanish, pronunciation, and forum discussions.
7. Alfalfa definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
Alfalfa is a plant that is used for feeding farm animals. The shoots that develop from its seeds are sometimes eaten as a vegetable. COBUILD Advanced English ...
8. Alfalfa - Wikipedia
Alfalfa (Medicago sativa), also called lucerne, is a perennial flowering plant in the legume family ... A 13th-century general-purpose Arabic dictionary, Lisān al-'Arab , says that alfalfa is cultivated as an animal feed ... introduction of the crop over the western US States and introduced the word "alfalfa" to the English language.
9. Alfalfa - definition of alfalfa by The Free Dictionary
Define alfalfa. alfalfa synonyms, alfalfa pronunciation, alfalfa translation, English dictionary definition of alfalfa. n. A southwest Asian perennial herb in the pea ...
10. ALFALFA (noun) definition and synonyms | Macmillan Dictionary
Definition and synonyms of alfalfa from the online English dictionary from Macmillan Education. This is the British English definition of alfalfa.View American ...
What is alfalfa?
Alfalfa is a type of plant that is popular among many cultures for its nutritional value and health benefits.
What are the benefits of consuming alfalfa?
Alfalfa has been used in traditional medicine for centuries to treat various ailments, such as digestive problems, high cholesterol, arthritis and more. It also contains vitamins and minerals that can help support general health and wellbeing.
How is alfalfa processed?
Alfalfa can either be dehydrated or powdered before it is consumed or mixed into beverages or food products as a supplement. The plant can also be juiced fresh in order to extract its nutrients before consumption.
Is alfalfa suitable for livestock?
Yes, alfalfa is an important source of feed for livestock such as cows, horses, sheep and goats, especially in North America.
All in all, alfalfa provides many health benefits whether it's consumed directly or fed to livestock animals. It's highly versatile due to its wide range of potential uses; from medical treatments to animal feeds.